Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Building our Dream home....selling our first home

Well....unbelievably we have another contract on our house and let's just hope that this means we will be out of this house in the next 30 days! 

As sad as I can get thinking about leaving our first home, I am also very eager and excited to start building our very own dream home!!!

We were originally looking at building the exact layout of the pictures that follow, but my husband decided to change a few things, then a few more, and now I am pretty sure our house will be quite different than the one that you are about to see!

So, I thought I would share some of my favorites that will be in my dream home:)

And I promise to not bore you with every single post being about my new home that we are building, but it is our life right now so bare with me:)

I was in love with this home when I found it.  It was just built and we would have taken it, but it doesn't have a walk out basement and there is barely a backyard.  Two of the things we had very, very high on our list....

So, I took a few pictures of the things we love in this home, because the builder that built it is building our home:)

 This is when you first walk into the house.  This is the great room. (Actually when you walk in there is an office on one side and a bathroom and closet on the other, but you get the idea.  Anyways I love the high vaulted ceilings and double love the windows at the top of this wall.  We will have the exact wall in our house.  LOVE the fireplace.
This is the view from the catwalk at the top of the stairs.  Also something else we will have!  Loved the idea of the catwalk and oh the possibilities of decorating for holidays!

One thing I refuse is a TV over my fireplace.   No offense to anyone that loves this, because it doesn't look bad at all, but I just love to decorate my mantels!
Next, not only will we have  double vanity in our bathroom, but Kendall will as well.  I think when she has siblings she will so appreciate this.  What do you think??  Also, I love the flooring here, but I will probably go for a little darker cabinets and vanity!
 I love this light fixture.  It will be in a dining area, and there is also one similar but a little bigger when you walk into the house! I LOVE how simple it is.  If you know me in real life, you know that I don't like real big fancy things!  This fits me perfectly!

This will also be the counters in my kitchen! I can't wait to have a big kitchen!  I love this granite counter with super dark hard wood floors!
 Here is a view of the catwalk.  Our stairs will not be located at this part of the house...they will be somewhere else, but I don't understand blueprints so I am just going to trust that Chris knows what he is doing!
We love the banister and this is what we will go with!
 And my kitchen...Oh how I love so many things about this kitchen...the butler pantry..the granite counter tops....the deep sinks....the appliances that we will have that are quite similar, but most of all...
 I am absolutely, head over heels, in love with...
these cabinets...think of all the storage these babies have in them! I love that nothing comes between the cabinets and the ceiling because that is what I call a dust collector!!

As much as I don't like making these kinds of decisions, I am very excited about building our home and getting exactly what we want in all rooms of the house!!

Hope I didn't bore you too much with all of my home business!!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks amazing!! Hope the contract goes thru!!!

Sonya said...

The wall with the windows and mantle is awesome! Hope it all works out for you!

Shelli said...

SO excited! Butler pantry! YES! 2 sinks for Kendall and in the master! YES! I need to add these to my checklist. Your dream home will be beautiful. SO excited for your family!
Where will you all live while the home is being built?

Sara said...

Hey girl! So excited for you and your new home! What an exciting (and crazy) time for your family! Thanks for the update...and keep them coming. I love seeing a home come together from the ground up. Congrats!!!

Erick Bush said...

The high ceiling looks fascinating! I hope that you won't repaint the wall because the paint already complements the wooden floor very well. The banister looks classy and is high enough for kids to be safe. Though playing near the stairs could still be dangerous, I'm pretty sure you've prepared a playroom for your little Kendall as well. Everything sounds good. Now, I wonder how the yard looks like. There seems to be plenty of trees outside from what I can see in the pictures. I hope that you made the best out of it too. I'd love to read some updates.

Erick Bush