Monday, July 23, 2012

Make it Monday: Where are We!?

Since moving to a new school I have learned that every school has such different routines and rituals.  I am very fortunate that one of my very best friends works at my new school and can show me around and teach me all those routines! 

So, I noticed outside of everyone's doors there was a sign stating where they were if they weren't in there room!  So, I thought I better make one of those!!  So, here is what I came up with...oh I should say that a girl at school made one quite similar and said she found it on Pinterest. I have yet to find it on Pinterest, but if you see it please let me know so I can give credit!!

First, I took a piece of Zebra print paper and yellow paper and glued them together to make it a little stronger!  Then I cut the letters out with my cricut (Cuttin Up) and the circles out with my cricut (George and Basic Shapes)  I glued it all down and wrote on the circles as to where we may go.  I left one blank just in case and we can just put a post it on that if we go somewhere not listed!




I love the way this turned out!  I took a big purple paper clip and made the clip that we will use to show where we are!
I sent a picture of it to Michelle and she said she would pay me or feed me to make her one! Of course I said she didn't have to do anything but I prefer food:)  So, her theme is black, yellow, and white and here is her's minus a paper clip!




I have had so much fun linking up at 4th Grade Frolics!!  I hope to get a lot more done tomorrow on my room!!  Will keep you posted and I sure hope I am not boring my non teaching friends:))

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Very cute and useful. I love the zebra.

Jessica

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are AWESOME!!! Such a great idea!!!!! Love them!!

FourthGrade Flipper said...

Wow!! You have been blogging a long time!! This idea is so cute. I can't imagine moving to a new school and having to learn all the quirks. It was bad enough when I moved from the middle school to the elementary (and it is in the same building!!). Thank you for stopping by my Monday Made It and your sweet comment:)
~Holly
Fourth Grade Flipper

Savannah said...

LOVE this project, but am so sad school begins so soon. How did 10 weeks pass by so quickly!?? Your new classroom is one stylin' space - love it!