Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Make it Monday: On Wednesday:)

First, I must say WOW!! I am so excited that you all loved my containers so much! I can't believe how many pins they got on Pinterest!!!  I have been pinned!!!  So, thank you:)  I have gotten a few questions about where I got my containers.  I bought them last winter on closeout at the container store:(  I paid almost nothing for them.  I have searched the web a little looking for something similar, but haven't found it yet.  If I find something I will be sure to let you know!!

And welcome to all my new followers!! I hope I don't bore you too much and you will stick around:)

I am so excited to see my new classroom FINALLY on Monday! I can't wait to share it with ya'll.

WE just got home from a week and a few days in Hilton Head Island and we had SO much fun!  I will share all of our fun with  you soon....But, on to why ya'll are here!!

This week I made two little fun goodies for my room.  They weren't near as fun as the candy containers but......here goes.....


First, I made these buckets to put pencils in.  I really don't like for kids to sharpen pencils throughout the day.  So, I will be sure to have plenty of sharp pencils in these buckets every morning.  Now that I am moving to fourth I will probably give that job to a late bus rider or a helper:)  I used my Cricut to cut out the vinyl letters (with Cuttin' Up)  And I just tied ribbon to the end of the handles! Easy as can be:)

 As you can tell two of these are still a work in progress...the cardboard just soaks up that paint!!!


Secondly,  I have had these magazine holders for years now and have done nothing to them. I decided to paint them all of my fun colors, but am still at a loss for what I will do with them.  I made these fun little tags with my Cricut (Tags, bags, boxes, and more)  and just used a glue dot to adhere them.  I thought about using them for magazines, but I am not yet sold on that idea.  Any other ideas you have for how you use them please let me a comment so I can decide what I want to do with them!!!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to visit 4th Grade Frolics for other fun and creative classroom ideas!!!

9 comments:

Tara said...

Happy 4th and thanks for linking up:) Your little buckets are just too cute! I am so needing to get one of those Cricut machines!!!! Am I the only one who doesn't have one??? So cute and loving your mag. holders too!! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Hope you pop back by next week:))) Thanks again for linking up:))

4th Grade Frolics

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all soooooooooo fun!!! LOVING the colors and those buckets are awesome!! Happy 4th!

Lana said...

These are super cute!! Love!!

janiefahey said...

I love your blog! I wanted you to know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award.

Check out my blog - Ins & Outs of 4th & 5th

Cara said...

I love the colors you are using for your room! So fun! I don't really have any suggestions on what to put in your magazine boxes, but I wanted to share a trick I learned about them. You can put them on their 'back' and use them for file folders or shorter books that usually get lost in the boxes! So for yours, tip them backwards so the black tag is on top, them rotate so the opening is in the front. The boxes sit wonderfully on shorter shelves (most of my classroom shelves are too short of upright magazine holders - that's how I found this trick!)Have fun in your new room!!

Katie said...

Happy 4th of July! Your buckets turned out cute :)

Katie
Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

Amanda said...

Love your new header, the pics are adorable! Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

Jennifer said...

I love the colors and labels! Thanks so much for sharing!


Delighted in Second
Hope you will join my $20 TPT gift certificate giveaway!

Heather's Heart said...

I love your buckets and magazine holders. Thank you so much for sharing about them. =)

I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. I am a 1st grade teacher too! I have TONS of *freebies* that I would love for you to grab. =)


Heather
Heather's Heart