Monday, June 18, 2012

Real Life Changes

First, I have to share my sweet girl with you that thinks she might be old enough to go to school:(  I DON'T THINK SO!!  She can use this to carry her toys for now!

 A few of you may have noticed a blog post titled Changes that came up in your feeder today!  I wrote a LONG post really a diary entry about a lot of things that I have been feeling for the past few weeks, months, years, blah blah blah you get my point:)

I took it off because I don't want it to offend anyone involved in the situation that I doubt reads my blog, but may accidentally come across it!

The LONG post can be summed up in a few short sentences:

I decided to accept a position at a NEW school!! 

I am beyond thrilled for this new journey!  I really never intended on leaving the school I have taught at for the past 6 years, but thought it was time for me to continue on to a new position!

So, I will no longer be teaching first grade, but will be jumping into the life of a 4th grade teacher and I am beyond excited!!

Not only am I moving to a new school, but now I will be teaching with a very dear friend of mine that also happened to be in my wedding!!

Michelle and I went to college together and became very close through that time and have always wished to teach at the same building and now our wishes are coming true and we are so super excited!!

This has been an extremely stressful two weeks.  Not the vacation that I had intended for myself or Kendall, but all that stress ended at 9 this morning when I was offered the position and I am so thankful for a chance of renewing my love for what I do!!

 I can't wait to share my journey with you...I never intended my blog to be a teaching blog, but I sure hope to share some of my fun teacher ideas for my new classroom (which by the way has walls and a door!!!!)

We met Chris for lunch today and brought me these fun little goodies for my new room!!
I am not ready to enjoy the rest of my summer and I hope to be back to my normal blogging schedule so thanks for sticking around!!!

4 comments:

Tickled Pink said...

Congrats on the new job!!

Sonya said...

Congrats! So happy for you! I did see your other post and I know exactly where you are coming from.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How exciting for you!! That's AWESOME!!!

Maggi said...

Congrats on the new job! Toot keeps talking about school too, not yet not yet!!! lol