Monday, June 25, 2012

Make it Monday: Teacher Edition



I have been wanting to play along with Make it Monday for a while now, but I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to do anything on the computer!  But, I have been able to create a few things for my NEW classroom and I can't wait to share them with you!

I have found a few cute teaching blogs the past few weeks and one of them does a Make It Monday link so I thought I would join!  4th Grade Frolics is a cute little blog that I found a few weeks ago when I decided to apply for a 4th grade position!!  She has many cute and fun ideas and I am excited to finally play along with Make it Monday!!

So, here is my first project for my new classroom!! 

First, My theme is zebra, lime green, bright blue, and hot pink:)

I got these containers at the container store on clearance!  So, what did I do?  Buy all of them.  They have been in my room for a year and I did nothing with them.  When I cleaned my room out at the end of the year I decided that I was going to do something with them this year! 

So, here ya go:)

First, I painted the lids:

 So the lids were a little tricky to paint.  I didn't realize that plastic was so hard to paint haha:)  And the blue color is so distorted on the lid in the above picture!
 Here is the end results.  I just wrapped the top of the containers with zebra ribbon!
 I put a bunch of erasers in one of the containers and then I used one for glue, and three of them to separate crayons.  I am a little crazy like that:)
 And here are two pictures of the end results!!
Thanks for stopping by:)

Don't forget to check out more great Made it Monday posts at 4th Grade Frolics!

17 comments:

Tara said...

I am so glad you found time to come by and link up:) I LOVE your containers!!!!! They turned out so neat and I love how you divided the colors!!! Looks so nice:) Thanks for linking up:))

4th Grade Frolics

Sonya said...

Cute! I love a good sale!

Tickled Pink said...

Very cute!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a GREAT IDEA!! I loveeeeeeee it!!!!

West Texas Wife said...

OMG I am so jealous!!!! You will have to show us your classroom when school starts so I can copy it. hehehehe love it girl!

Mrs. Reimann said...

Awesome project! Those containers are a must have.

Lorena
Little Treasures

April Walker said...

I love the containers!
~April Walker
The Idea Backpack
Ideabackpack@gmail.com

Liliris said...

Your containers look amazing. I love the colors you selected!

Liliris
Fourth Grade Garden

Laura said...

LOVE these!

Laura
tattlingto the teacher

Pam said...

Where did you find those bins?! I've been searching for them!!

Just Wild About Teaching said...

this came out so cute...def doing this...im your newest follower...drop by =)


Just Wild About Teaching

MsGinGrade3 said...

I absolutely love these! I'm a new blogger and a recent follower! I've given you a shout-out over on my blog! :)

www.msgingrade3.blogspot.com

Jamie (2nd Grade Stuff) said...

These are too cute! Found you on Pinterest :) I'm your newest follower!


Jamie at 2nd Grade Stuff

Lana said...

I LOVE your containers! I orginally saw them on Pinterest and then came here from Tara's Monday Made It link!

I am also a 4th grade teacher!

Brittany said...

I love this idea!! Very cute!

MJB said...

Where did you find these containers?? I LOVEE these!

Keri Keeler said...

What container store did you get these cuties from? I love them!