Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sweet Summer Time

We made it! I am so excited that we are finally on summer vacation for 10 full weeks.  We have nothing we have to do for 10 full weeks.
We had field day this week and the kids had a ball.  It was really warm out but they did great!

Of course I plan to make a summer bucket list this week so that we can get some things accomplished but it won't be full of much else but fun. 

This week was a full week so I got really behind on my laundry, so that is what I have been spending the day doing.  Of course we got a little pool time in as well and lunch at Mcalisters!

I have also been catching up on my Project Life.  I am proud to say that I have just about caught up.  I have 2 weeks complete, one in progress, and 2 more to begin/finish.  I will finally be back for PL Tuesday this week and I am excited about that!

This past Wednesday we went to the Lady A concert that was here to benefit Henryville.  The Henryville Seniors won a contest for Lady A to come to their prom. Since they couldn't make their prom they decided to come and do a benefit concert as well.  If you didn't know a few months ago Henryville got hit HARD with a tornado that destroyed most of the town including the high school.  It was devastating and Lady A found a way to give back to them and it was so neat!  They raised 285,000 dollars for Henryville!  I drove through the town a few weeks ago and it is unbelievable. I was on the outskirts of the town too so I can't even imagine what it looks like in town.  Another high school in Indiana actually won the Lady A concert for Henryville.  It was so neat to see two towns come together in a tragic situation.

These girls are some of my favorites.  I am so lucky to have them in my life and they are the best!  And we had so much fun:)

I will leave you with this sweet picture of Kendall in Tripp in their Toy Story jammies!!  LOVE them:)

Happy almost summer to ya'll!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So much fun! I loveee all the photos and love love love the Toy Story PJ's!!!

Sonya said...

Yay for summer vacation! I have an hour and a half left on Monday and we are off for just over 12 weeks!