Sunday, May 27, 2012

Splash Park in Louisville: Creekside!

If you are a local and you read my blog you must visit this place!!  It's a splash park called Creekside off Beckley Station Rd. in St. Matthews!  You must visit!

It is the cleanest park I have ever been too.  I know it's rather new, but the equipment it durable and so very nice.  Not only is it a splash park, but it is also a playground.  The playground was a favorite. I liked it because it had a big kid area and a little kid area so there was plenty for all to do!!

Here are a few pictures of Kendall and her friends at the splash park! 

 The water was a little chilly, but it was 90 degrees the day that we went so it didn't feel too bad! I guess that is the only down fall of a splash park the water doesn't sit in the sun so it doesn't get warm! 
 The girls took a little warming up, but eventually they were running around playing!


 They loved putting their feet over the fountains when they would turn off and wait for them to shoot back out!
It wasn't too packed, but Jefferson County is still in school so I am sure once they are out it will be WILD!!

Now here are a few pictures of Kendall playing on the playground.  She loved the swing the most!

 Looking at the big kids area that Kendall wasn't allowed to climb on!  Maybe next year:)
 Swinging like a big girl!
 She makes me so nervous doing this because I am so scared she will fall off by letting go.  But, she did such a good job holding on tight!


 She liked this big chair swing as well. I'll be honest I wanted to sit in it and swing too!
 Another great thing about the playground equipment is that it isn't dark. It's light colored so it doesn't get too hot.
Now it was 90 degrees when we were there so I am not going to say that it wasn't warm, but it wasn't unbearable like those dark colored slides by our home!!

So, if you are local PLEASE check this out. If you have already leave me a message and let me know what you thought of it!!

2 comments:

Shelli said...

I'm going to have to check this place out!!!! It looks awesome!

Amanda said...

Had no idea about this, we will definitely have to check it out. We went to the splash park at the zoo today and emma had tons of fun. What is this place near?