Monday, May 28, 2012

Refurbished Picture Frames

I have lived in our home for almost 5 years now and I have decided it's time to do some redecorating just a bit!!  I am excited to start this adventure this summer, but my goal is to not spend a lot of money and to refurbish what we already have to decorate!

I am so not an interior decorator either.  Thank goodness for Pinterest because I can just copy cat some ideas that aren't mine or my neighbors!:)

So, this weekend I decided that these dull frames hanging on the way needed to go!

They were looking a little dreadful and boring and I was ready for a change!

At first I was going to paint them this color:
But, when I put them on the wall they resembled the color on the way so much that I didn't like it so I decided to use the same color but add white to lighten it up just a bit and this is what I ended up with!

I think they turned out pretty cute! I am still not sold on them and still not convinced that I won't paint over them this week sometime, but for now they are hanging and I like them alright!

I found this pin on Pinterest that led me to the blog: Simple as That  Cutest stinkin' blog I have found in a long time you should definitely check it out:)   That is where I got all the quotes that are in the frames!  I didn't have any new pictures that I wanted to put in them so I just used these quotes for now!  I might eventually take one or two out when we get back from the beach and put a family picture in one of them!!

So, here is my next project:
This hasn't been changed since I moved in five years ago.  Well, I am going to paint the frame a different color and then I have two different ideas for it....either a chalk board...or a wired frame! I have two pillows on my couch upstairs that I am using for all of my inspiration...I will take a picture of them when I post the finished product of this frame:)

And now I am rambling so I better go:)

PS I LOVE summer time!!

PPS linking up to three great blogs tonight!!




Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A2Z

AND




   Met Monday!!                                                                 
AND
Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

Tip Junkie!



  Have a great week friends!!

2 comments:

Theresa McCabe said...

oh i love the color you chose to revamp those frames!

Jamie said...

Teal is awesome! Makes everything look great. Thanks for the inspiration!