Monday, February 6, 2012

A Valentine Craft for the Mantel

Friday night Kendall and I decided to do a little painting! I haven't done this with her in a few months so I was interested in seeing what her attention span would be with it and if she would enjoy it!

The answer to both of my questions was yes and yes! She loved it!


She thought it was so funny to have paint all over her hands!



She let me do eight of them. Ya'll eight of them is a lot of an almost 2 year old!

I have to say I LOVE how this turned out and it was so much fun to make!!

I love that Kendall's handprints fit perfectly into the heart!  I was a little wondered when I first cut my hearts that they might be too small!


And here is my final project!  I LOVE how it turned out and it was super fun to make!





So, all I did was cut out the heart with my Cricut and the George and Basic Shapes cart, paint K's hands with paint and then slap them on the heart. She thought she was something else with that paint on her hands!

After I let the hearts dry I used glue dots to stick them to a pink ribbon.And tada...that's it really!  Super easy and fun:)

And this little girl was super excited about making a few cute "hand"made cards for her mamaws and papaws!

Happy almost Valentine's Day to you:)
Linking to MET Monday
And:


8 comments:

Abby Devine said...

super cute craft...I linked up this week too!!

Maggi said...

Absolutely adorable! Both Kendall and the garland, love it!

Shelli said...

So sweet! I love her little hands! Great idea!

bonbon said...

Such a cute little Valentines project! I'm so impressed with how cute it turned out. Keep it up!

bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

The Branches said...

awe that is so cute I love the idea :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are braver than me!! LOL!!! I would have had Brookie in about 10 smocks!!! LOL!! I love love love love this soooooooooo much!! Such a great idea! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sammye Jo said...

SOOOOO cute!!!!! I can't believe how big she is getting!!!

Genn said...

LOVE that idea with the kids hand prints!! I just pinned a pic from your mantel. :)

You are so crafty. I bet your daughter loved doing this.