Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Make It Wednesday: A Minnie Invitation!

OK...OK...I know I said I wouldn't let Minnie Party take over my blog, but I am having fun making all of these things and just want to share them as I get them done.  Then of course I will share the whole thing the day of the party!

And I have about 2 friends that will be invited to this party that read my blog...one that I know reads it daily, so hopefully if they can make it they will still be surprised when they see it all put together!

Anyways I started working on the cupcake holders and just got a little lost so I had to stop...so I decided to give the invitations a try.

Ok this was my first attempt so it might now be the final product, but this is what I came up with!

All  I did was cut  a big circle for the face, 2 small circles for the ears, cut the white circle to fit inside the hear, and then cut a Minnie bow from the Minnie Cricut Cart!

A few things to note:

I made this one so that the ears could be turned in behind the head for an envelope.  I got to thinking about this and I think I will just look or make envelopes that will fit the invitation without the ears folded down, which leads me to this....

Hand delivering these invitations!  There is no way I will pay postage for all of them to be mailed anyways and some of the people being invited we see daily so I will just hand deliver theirs.

And I might have to mail 2 or 3 but I can handle that!

So I probably will make most of them with the ears not turning and a few this way in case they must turn.

I also am not too sure about the ink pad I used.  I might look for a darker, brighter pink.  Could be the user as well though so we will see haha!

So, what do you think?  You like it any suggestions on something I should change?

4 comments:

Abby Devine said...

Supre cute!!! She will love her party and she is so lucky to have you as her momma. I hope I can be a creative momma one day!

Sonya said...

Those are so cute!

Reba and Eldarose, sisters, friends and co-bloggers said...

Seriously ADORABLE!

I hope you take this well, but I dropped by to tell you that I passed along the Liebster Award our blog was given to your blog.

You can read more about it here:

http://re-inventedstyle.blogspot.com/2012/02/best-blogs-youre-not-following-yet.html

If you don't want to participate, no problem, but I think you're doing a great job with your blog so I thought I would help spread the word about it to others. :D

Eldarose from http://RE-inventedstyle.blogspot.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):)