Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent Season

Every year around this time we all think about something we want to give up or not do or something maybe that we want to do. I have been thinking about it for the past few days and have thought a lot about what I want to not do and what I want to do better!

So here is my list of what I hope to begin and continue far beyond the next 40 days (well all but maybe #1!)

#1: No soft drinks for the next 40 days! WHAT am I crazy...YEP...but I don't need them and it's a sacrifice that will be extremely beneficial to me. I only drink Big Red, but I was drinking way too many of them a day...you might not know what that it, but it's just a type of cherry soda...I guess would be the easiest way to explain it.

#2: I would like to send out 40 cards in the next 40 days....they can be thank yous or just because. But, I love getting cards from people so I thought I would just start sending them out myself and brighten someones day...

#3 Limit my use of technology and social media. I have to admit my phone is attached to my hip. I love to check my email, facebook, and google reader 100 times a day. Is that really necessary and could I be doing something else with my time? ABSOLUTELY so I am working on making sure I don't have my phone out with company here or while Kendall is still awake. It is just a way to focus on the real life than what's on the web!

#4 Spend more time with Chris. We are together ALL the time, but we are usually upstairs while one is downstairs, on the computer while one is watching TV....well you get the point so I want to start being together and doing things together.

I know I have 4 things on here, but this is more than just lent for me. I feel like these are important things that I need to work on beyond just the next 40 days. But, if I can make it stick for 40 days then I can make it stick for the rest of the year! ya think? I do:)

Happy Lent Season to you!

Oh yeah I have to share this too..I did the first day of Couch to 5K and I might die! No really it wasn't too bad and I am totally motivated to continue and maybe just maybe a 5k is in the works:)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are a braver woman than me! lol!! I couldn't do the soda at all!

Shelli said...

I forget that not everyone in the country has the pleasure of appreciating a big red! I like your lent ideas! I need to not be on my phone so much either, especially when Kendall is up!

Heather said...

These are all great. I'm giving up bread. Tomorrow is my first day of Couch to 5k. I'm skeeered.

Maggi said...

These are great things to give up for Lent! I need to adopt one (or all!) of these! lol

Abby Devine said...

go girl!! I gave up all drink except milk and water, have to go to church every weekend (ive been bad) and gym 5 days a week!