Sunday, February 26, 2012

It Got Me: The Hunger Games

This post will have no pictures and will probably be a total bore to you, but it's what I spent my weekend doing and I wouldn't want to forget it!

I can't believe I let me get it but I did. I asked my brother about the book The Hunger Game Trilogy by Suzanne Collins and his response Oh yeah I have all three of them and they are so good!

So my response...OK let me have them. And that was all she wrote.

For the past two days I have done nothing unless I had to which includes but is limited to...giving Kendall a bath (in which I sat by the tub with my book), going to church, Couch to 5K (That's another post in the works!) out to eat for a birthday celebration, sleeping, grocery, make sure Kendall is fed, and the UL game. Other than those things listed I have done nothing for the past 30 hours, but have my head in a book.

The Hunger Games is the first of the trilogy and was SO.Stinkin.Good. I was convinced I wouldn't like them because I have never been into books that are so famously popular such as Harry Potter or Twilight! But, this is different.....

So it is a trilogy and I have two books left. As much as I want to read them I can't let myself. I wont' start the second one until next weekend, because I have way too much going on to get that into a book again (like work and taking care of and paying attention to my husband and daughter!) SO, I am sure I will spend next weekend reading book number 2 and the following reading book number 3....

And this is why I don't let myself read anymore, because I just love a good book so much that I can't put it down, but my family survived and I finished the book, and my house is still intact...

And tomorrow is Monday and I can't wait for Friday night!!!

PS I was so into this book that I didn't even get my PL layout done for the week so guess what I will be doing tomorrow night when Kendall goes to bed:)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I still need to read this!!

Shelli said...

It's crazy how these books reel you in! The second book was my favorite so you will have a great weekend coming up! :)

Amanda said...

I can't wait to read it. I have been wanting to for a while and my sister finally bought it, so she is going to let me borrow it when she's done. I definitely want to read the book before seeing the movie. Glad you had a nice weekend!

Maggi said...

I need to get those books, still haven't read them! lol

Abby Devine said...

I want to read those sooo bad. If they are your copies, can I borrow them? I have been dying to read them!