Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I Made Wednesday!

One of my favorite things to do is make things for other people! I love making gifts they are so much fun and I think it's so much more meaningful sometimes when it is a handmade gift!  

Last week while I was sick and Kendall was sick, Jess took such good care of getting things prepared for a sub and making sure our lesson plans were done and ready for this week as well.  I couldn't have asked for a better team mate.  Jess has become one of my best friends and keeps me going everyday at work.  She is definitely a life line at work!

Anyways I thought I would show my appreciate by making Jess this cute little paint bucket!

 So, first I made a simple little Tag to go on it.  I used my Cricut and the Simply Charmed Cart.  All I did was piece it together, write a little note to Jessica on the back of the tag.  Then I used 3d tape to add the bug to the tag.
 For the actual paint bucket I just used some thickers and a little swirly felt sticker that I had.
 Next, I took some mesh and tied the tag to the bucket!
 Lastly, I filled the bucket with pretzels!  I love how it looks filled with goodies and I hope Jess will enjoy it!
Jess is obsessed with preztels and sweet tarts! I really wanted to fill the bucket with the heart sweet tarts they put out at Valentines day, but she is getting married in July and insists that she is watching what she eats (She is clearly thinner than a rail and needs to eat MORE!)  SO, I thought she would be happy with her next favorite thing pretzels!

I forgot to mention I got the paint bucket at Target in the dollar section where else the best place ever!!

What do you think?

Happy Wednesday!  Two more work days for me and then a three day weekend!!!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is soooooooo sweet of you to do for her after she helped out :):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeee it!! So CUTE! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah said...

What a cute idea! Maybe we will have a snow day so you can whip up another project. :)

Shelli said...

Too cute!!

Amanda said...

Very cute idea!! Did you get the bucket at Target recently??

Abby Devine said...

I love this... you kill me with your creativity!! She will love this, but will really appreciate you thinking of her.
I am praying for snow, even though I know you are not!