Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine Mantel

I have been waiting and waiting to finish my Valentine Mantel and share it with you guys!  I finally got it all up and ready to share.

I have to say that my mantel is in the basement so there isn't much natural light shining through.  Really I live in an older house surrounded by overgrown trees so we don't get much natural light at all plus it has been gloomy and rainy these days so we really aren't getting any natural light.  Wow that was a long sentence all to tell you that my pictures are the greatest:)

Anyways here we go.....my Valentine Mantel!

I do love how it turned out and I really don't think the pictures do it justice, but just go with me here!  I didn't do much and it's very simple, but hey I like simple!
I hung my homemade heart wreath up that I made a few weeks ago! I love it and will be sad to take it down for March.
These little glasses were used in my sister in laws wedding. I took three of them and wish I would have taken a few more, but I have used them during all the Holidays to make a little more festive!
I have been contemplating spray painting these candle holders.  We got them as a wedding present, and I really like them, but it's time for a change.  We will see.  We are remodeling our basement bathroom, so maybe I will get an idea when we pic a color out for that room!
This is my absolute favorite thing on my mantel!  I love, love to decorate with picture frames!  I printed this fun little print for FREE from eighteen25 and I love how it turned out!  I just sent it off to be printed in a 8X10 format. I found the frame at my favorite place Hobby Lobby and new it would be perfect for this print! I will also be sad to see this go.  Thinking I might be able to find a place for it after Valentine's Day though!  You must visit eighteen25.  They always have the best free printables!!
Here is one more far shot. I wish I could get a really good picture, but these will have to do.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my Valentine Mantel!!

Linking of with homestoriesatoz

4 comments:

Shelli said...

Love it!!! I can't wait to start decorating our new house for Valentine's Day - especially since I didn't get to for Christmas!!

Abby Devine said...

Super cute!!! I love mantles, but we cant really decorate ours because the TV is hung about it. I try to do stuff on the edges! But not as cute as yours!

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

Looks great. I liked up my mantel too.

Gallamore West said...

Super cute! I love your wreath. Aren't burlap wreaths so fun to make? I was thrilled when I found red burlap recently and made a couple of wreaths with it. I'm your newest follower- I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back if you'd like! {You can see my red burlap wreaths there :)}
Have a great weekend!
xo,
Laurie @ Gallamore West :)