Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sick Day:( With a little fun news at the end:)

I told ya'll I wasn't feeling good and I wasn't fooling anyone.  I came home from work Wednesday and slept for about three hours.  When I woke up I knew I would feel better and boy was I wrong. So, I made my way to immediate care (and the only good thing that came out of that was I got to see my very sweet friend ABBY)

Turns out I wasn't faking it.....and I have the dreaded strep.  Have I ever told you how much I DISLIKE strep.  Like more than anything in the world.  There are many sicknesses that I would much rather have than strep.  But, that's life and I am treating it and hopefully I will be on the mend and feeling much better the weekend cause who wants to be sick on the weekends?

My sweet husband surprised me Tuesday night when I first started feeling bad with a yummy drink (Diet Big Red a big obsession) and my favorite flowers.  Of course he didn't forget our sweet little girl and got her a flower, a balloon and a yummy snack!
So, I have been in bad all day and am starting to go stir crazy. If you know anything about me you know I don't sit still long.  So, I have gotten up a few times and then always end up back in bed.  What I really would like right now is a big bowl of broccoli cheddar soup from Mcalisters. Just haven't found any takers to go get it for me:(

Here is the worst part about being sick.  My poor baby can't be around me.  We are doing whatever we can to keep her from getting strep.  I really don't want her to get this awful, awful illness.  So, this morning Chris got her ready and took her to the sitter and all I could hear her saying was mommy?  Chris asked me a question and she heard me talking and started crying for me.  Sad. I just want to squeeze and cuddle my sweet baby girl, but that's not possible right now.  Hopefully by the end of the day I will be able to at least see her:(

 So, onto some good news. I finally decided that we will do a Minnie birthday party for Kendall.  We are planning on having the party here and renting a few bounce houses if the weather permits!  We will just wait til closer til time to see how that goes.

 I found this, your not gonna believe where, TARGET.  I knew you wouldn't believe it.  It was the last pink one so I scooped it up! They had black ones as well and I am thinking about going back and getting another black one. I have decided that I will do zebra and pink Minnie theme.  I am planning on making most everything and will probably start making things now so that I am not panicked as the time gets closer!

I pinned a few things today that I plan on adding to Kendall's party ideas.  While I was pinning I thought I would search my blog to see if anything from my blog had been pinned and to my surprise I found this....
I was so excited!  Of course no one understands my excitement around here haha so I just squealed a little in the bed by myself.  I only have a few close friends that know I blog so I don't really publicly share my blog especially on places like fb. I don't know why I decided to do this when I started blogging a few years ago, but I did probably because I thought my friends would think I was nuts!!  Anyways  I thought I would share this with ya'll....so exciting!

Anyways it's almost Friday and I am so excited for the weekend and here's to no more illnesses this year! I wished for no snow and this is what I got in place of no snow...beginning to think the snow wouldn't have been so bad after all...although May 16 still sounds so pretty...and I am babbling so I will stop now:)

6 comments:

Shelli said...

Yay for the Minnie Party! I hope you start feeling better soon. Tell me why I was totally expecting a pregnant announcement! Ha!

Loopylou. said...

oh hun, so sorry you are sick, sending you cyber chicken soup and huge hugs xxx
love the minnie plate!!!!
hugs Lou xxxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hehehehehe,.....I see my face on that pin of yours! LOL!! I keep waiting to be pinned... only has happened when I GDT for them... lol :):):):) Maybe someday! ;) I sorry you are sick and hoping you feel better soon! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sonya said...

I hope you feel better soon! The Minnie tray is so adorable!

Abby Devine said...

I was so glad to see you, but SAD you are sick. A minnie party will be so cute, she will love it and the zebra sounds so fun with that. I was super excited when you texted me about being pinned. You go girl!!1

Genn said...

Hope you are starting to feel better!!!

I hear ya, strep throat can make you feel SO darn awful.
Take it easy girl!

The Minnie party sounds adorable.