Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Project Life Tuesday 2012

Last week I worked like crazy to complete my Project Life 2011!  And I did it!!  I can't tell you how proud I am of myself, because it was looking a pretty shady this time last month.  So, I thought I would share a few pages with you and talk about my goals for 2012

 This is actually the very last week of 2011 and I have a picture for everyday. Actually most of my pictures are collages.  I make all of my collages in Picasa and I love it!  When I got my MAC book I lost my Photoshop.  I have been meaning to get one for my MAC I just haven't done it yet, so you will notice that my pictures no longer have the week on them and I am quite alright with that.
 Some of my layouts look like this.  I used the card stock that came with my kit to insert in places where there weren't any pictures because I either didn't take one that day or I used one from my iPhone.
 Some weeks look like this with a lot of iPhone pictures and a few camera pictures.
 Here is another week with both types of pictures. I loved the idea of putting my iPhone pictures in my journal slots because when you make an iPhone pic a 4X6 it doesn't look so great.
 I do have a few weeks that are all camera pictures and I love that because I really didn't think I would have many. I actually took a lot more pictures than I thought I did this year.
And one more "normal" looking layout with journal cards in the right place and pictures in the right place.

SO......... my goals for 2012 are a little different.  Of course I am still going to keep it, you guessed it, simple!  But, I have a few things I want to change and here they are;

My layouts.  I would love to get my layouts done weekly instead of monthly.  I spent a LOT of time catching up on this project not because it was hard or time consuming, but because I let myself get so far behind. I refuse to get so far behind.

My pictures. I have got to take more pictures with my camera.  My parents spent good money on a Rebel for me a few years ago and it's silly to use my iPhone because it's convenient.  OF course there will still be some iPhone pictures in my album because we all know my phone doesn't leave my side.  But, I would like the majority of my pictures to be from my Rebel!

My style.  I ordered a few different photo protector pages instead of the normal set.  I would like to change things up a little bit.  I love to scrapbook and I haven't really added any of my creativity to my Project Life albums. I would love to get back into that and use my own creativity to add to my album.  Plus it makes it so much fun.  But, don't worry I will still be keeping it SIMPLE!

My focus.  I have always been a stickler for the picture a day focus, but I have decided this year instead of making sure that I have a picture for everyday to make sure I capture all of the little things in our life that I don't want to forget.  So some weeks might have a focus that all happened in one day.  ONe week might have a picture from everyday or just a few days.  My point is that instead of "making up" a picture to take for the day I want it to be so natural that I don't think about having that picture every single day!

One thing that will stay the same is I will still link up with Jessica Turner at Project Life Tuesday. It keeps me accountable and I enjoy looking at others albums.

Oh and I promise to try to take way better pictures of my album. Tonights excuse is it's snowing here tonight. I don't want that white stuff around because I don't want a snow day. BLAH!!

Are you doing project life 2012?  Do you plan do to anything different this time around?

I look forward to sharing my new focus and Project Life with you this year:)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks AWESOME!!! I am loving all the photos!! And your goals for this year's album sound great! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sonya said...

It looks good! I stopped dating my pictures about halfway through the year because it was just one more step in the whole process. I didn't do as much of the picture of the day last year, but I still did everything weekly. I'm still thinking about what my focus will be this year.

Maggi said...

This looks so great and what a treasure to have in later years! Your goals sound great for this year's Project, good luck! :D

Genn said...

Hi Christy!
Good for you with your album!
I thought about doing a project life album, they are so darn fun and colorful looking. But I print my blog every year into a hardback book, and I blog often so I figured that is our documentation.
:)

Emily S said...

Congratulations! Your book looks AWESOME! I want to do more collages this year for sure. Excellent job, and thank you for stopping by my blog!

Emily Straw

Sara said...

I like the idea of the collages. I always have a hard time narrowing it down to one or two. I also have relied too heavily on my iphone. I am taking a photography class right now, so hopefully I will be inspired to step up my photos. :) Congrats on finishing 2011! What an accomplishment!