Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Project Life Tuesday: 2012: Week 1

I am beyond excited about today's post!! I have been dying to share with you my cover page and my first week of Project Life 2012!  And today is finally the day!! Thank goodness it's here!

So, let's getting started!

 Here is my cover page and I LOVE!  I didn't do much to it, just added a picture of the three of us, our last name, the dates, and our names.  I love the simplicity of it, yet our small details that make it "us"
 Here is a close up of the top half.
 Here is a close up of the bottom half!
 AND...here is week 1 of my project life album.  I love the way it turned out as well. I will say I spent a little longer on my layout than I normally would, but it's still SIMPLE, and it's still ours.  I told you I was doing a few things different this year and one of them was using different page protectors besides just the original ones. I do like to take a lot of vertical pictures so this page will probably be used a lot!  I also added our 2012 glasses and loved the idea of adding some "things" that are important to us throughout the year!
 Another thing I am doing differently this year is a weekly approach instead of a daily approach.  Believe it or not I had way too many pictures this week..Can you believe that!  I had to pick and choose which I really wanted to add and went with the ones you see.  This week was a big week for us, being the first of the year, going back to work, and our sicknesses.  So of course I probably won't have that problem every single week and that's OK!
 Here is the left side of my layout.  I LOVE to make collages and I am sure you will see those throughout my entire album. It makes it so much fun and different!
 The right side is a new page protecter and I loved it, because not only could I put vertical 4X6 pictures, but I could also add horizontal  2X3 pictures!  I also used a big journaling page, turned it vertical and wrote all about our sicknesses for this week!  LOVE....

I love the way my layout turned out this week...I am so excited about continuing this album and I can already tell you that doing the weekly approach has taken the added pressure away!!  See, what works for me doesn't work for everyone else, but I am only doing what is SIMPLE for me:)

Don't forget to stop by Jessica Turner for:

The Mom Creative

13 comments:

Sara said...

Looks great!!! I love how you use the vertical page protector. I wish I used them more. You are so on top of it! Only 630am on Tuesday and you are ready to go! Impressive!

projectsofmylife said...

Great first week. Really liked your collages.

And I'm impressed with amount of journaling - I should do more.

sharon71

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just AWESOME!!!! These are looking great! :):):):):):):):):):):)

camilla said...

Looking great already.

Emily said...

Love the 2012 glasses, very fun!

Abby Devine said...

Love the collages... only takes up one spot, but adds so many pictures. I think I will try to use a lot of collages this year.

And love that you included memoriablia from new years eve!

Great start for your new book!

jenn said...

GREAT layouts! I love the collages...I will have to try that! I love the Amber kit...so pretty! I can' wait to see more of your Project life! Hope you are feeling better!

Maggi said...

That is so cool! This is going to be a great year for y'all!

Krisi said...

Great pages. Love the collages that you are doing.

Melissa said...

Very nice layouts! I also have a fondness for vertical pictures so it's nice to see layouts with them. I love that you put the 2012 glasses in your layout.

Tara Sobie said...

Great job! The pictures of the baby in the glasses .. and then keeping the glasses are great - they fit perfectly! I also really liked your collages, nicely done :)

Monica said...

I love how you did your collages...they're awesome! I can't wait to see more throughout the year.

Mary Dapelo said...

I have used a lot of collages too. I think it is basically just my inability to commit to one specific picture. :)
I print most of them in 8x10 though.