Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pinterest Inspired!


I am so sad that today is my last day of Christmas Vacation, but I am excited about a new year!  Not so much that it is a new year, but all of the plans I have for this year!!  Remember that word I was telling you about, ya know, simple?  Well, that's totally what I am living by for serious!  That is my 2012 motto, Simple, and I like it:)

On to a project!  I was so totally inspired by a Pinterest Pin (shocker!) SO, I thought I would share my inspiration and what I came up with!  First, I must stay that the weather here has been so gloomy, that's our January and February, so my pictures are the greatest because outside light is few and far between around here!

So here is my inspiration!



I thought this would be so cute behind my bed!  So, off to Hobby lobby I went to get the right tools to create this look. I got a frame, paint, and the letters all at hobby lobby and maybe spent 25 dollars on the whole project!  

This was a SIMPLE project too:)  All I had to do was paint the letters the color I wanted and then hang it up!  SIMPLE!

SO, this is what I started out with, it was simple, yet so boring!
And my end result!  I think it looks a little lonely up there so I have a few ideas of things I could add, but who knows!  I have to say I really like it. I also have to say that I put me and you instead because Chris and I's song in high school was Kenny Chesney's Me&You!  AWE

So, what do you think?
I think the paint color matches our lampshades perfectly and I think I really like it!  It's simple but not boring!  

Thanks for stopping by and hope everyone has a great first week of the year:)

Linking up to Metamorphosis Monday

Linking up to:

Home Stories A2Z

6 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

That is adorable! I have to re-do our bedroom wall this year and I might have to copycat this! Happy new year - coming over from Met Monday and your newest follower. =)

Jeanine

Tickled Pink said...

Love this- I totally have this pinned on my wall too.. It was our wedding song!! :)

dee dee said...

Very cute idea!
Dee Dee

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh I love love love love it!!! Looks AWESOME! Happy New Year! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Genn said...

Caaa-ute!
I am so hooked on pinterest!!!!
Darn website has my head spinning round the clock with things I want to do or make or cook and create. So many ideas, so little time!

I'm thinking it would be a fun post to recreate a few pinterest ideas and them share them all on the blog at once. I better get on it!

laterg8r said...

what a great idea - so sweet that it matches the song :D

ps - sorry i haven't visited for awhile - super duper congrats on the new baby bump :D