Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Make it Wednesday: Valentine's Burlap Wreath

I am getting excited about decorating with  a little pink and red in our house for the next few weeks!  I found this wreath at THIS blog and had to make it tonight. I am pretty excited about how it turned out and I am so loving burlap right now!  

So, all I needed to get was florist wire, red burlap, and the heart wreath frame.  I had a gift card for hobby lobby so I didn't spend any money on this project!  That's a win in my book:)

 I took the burlap opened it up and cut it in half and then cut it in half one more time.  So, I had two long stripes to work with.
 Getting started was a little difficult, because my hands and florist wire don't get along!  Basically all I did was stick it through at the bottom and wrap it around.  It's hard to wrap that wire around, that's for sure!!  Once I got started I was going pretty good!  I just bunched up a little and then wrapped it with the wire.
 I had to start the new strip about half way through so that was a little difficult as well, but I got it to look like another bunched up piece and just moved on.
 Here is what the back looked like when I was done.  Not very pretty, but no one will see it:)
 I tried to push the wire down as far as I could, but it is hard to work with!  The burlap was everywhere haha.  I should have never done this project on my carpet, but I an vacuum it up tomorrow!
 And the final product! I am going to hang this on the mirror above the mantel. I am working on my mantel right now.  It has been absolutely plain since Christmas and I have been OK with that!

I share it with you guys as soon as I get it all done!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my wreath!  I have to say this wasn't one of my favorite projects to do, but I love how it turned out.   Florist wire and my hands are not friends these days and my thumbs are hurting!!

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Love it! Think I am going to have to copy this one!!

Abby Devine said...

You did a great job, I saw this on pintrest and thought about doing it. But by the time I get to it I'm sure Valeinntes will be over... :o( But I am having my mom make me a burlap wreath for my front door. Who knew burlap could be so pretty?!

Maggi said...

Very sweet and super cute!

Savannah said...

Love this! So festive!

Shelli said...

I heart that wreath! :) great job!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! I am IN LOVE! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Designing Domesticity said...

So cute. what a great idea. Thanks for sharing, liz

Leah said...

I LOVE It!

laterg8r said...

so darling :D