Sunday, January 15, 2012

Everything Tastes Better with Mini Chocolate Chips!

Like so many others I am obsessed with Pinterest, but I refuse to waste my time on there and do nothing about it! So, I have made a few projects and I have made a few different recipes. For some reason, not sure why, but my recipes are usually desserts! That's definitely a problem ya know when your trying to lose weight and all:)

For the past week I have said my diet will start tomorrow and then tomorrow comes and I eat All.Day.Long! I can't help it I LOVE food! So, today I made this cheesecake ball and it is YUMMY! I love it with chocolate graham crackers and pretzels. It's good if you like that salty, sweet taste.


It is one of the easiest desserts I have ever made too.  Click on the link above to see the source to where I got this, but I will try to give you a quick and easy version of how I made it!

You need, 1 cup mini chocolate chips, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1 8oz. cream cheese, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I have to tell you the first time I made it I didn't have vanilla and didn't make a difference, but it DOES!  Don't leave it out.)
First, you beat your butter and your cream cheese until softened.  Then mix in your sugars and vanilla.
Mix that well, and then add...
mini chocolate chips!! I have gone through a bag of these in a week.  That can't be a good thing, can't be!
Mix them all together!
Once, I mixed them I added almonds on top.  The recipe doesn't call for this, but I thought they would go yummy with it and they did!

And there is an absolute problem when I added mini chocolate chips to my grocery list tonight.  Yes that is a problem, but I am still so buying them.

Oh by the way my diet starts tomorrow for sure.....
I'll let you know how that goes:)
Have a great Monday everyone!

Linking up with Between Naps on the Porch

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh yum!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Tickled Pink said...

A friend of mine made this for a school potluck. It was so delish!!

Abby Devine said...

Love chocolate chip cheeseball. It is one of my favorite desserts. The bad thing is, its one of those you don't realize how much your eating until all of a sudden its gone :o) I mean, I wouldn't know that from experience or anything :o))

Have a great day off tomorrow!

Shelli said...

I made this last year for a cookout! Yummy! Mini chocolate chips are too cute to leave at the store. :)

Savannah said...

This looks delicious! Need to try it soon!