Saturday, January 7, 2012

Go Fly A Kite...

Thanks for all the sweet comments we are starting to feel a little better around here!  Kendall still has a terrible rash on her bottom and hands, but it's looking a lot better!  This morning I woke up and I was sore throat free!! Thank goodness, after five days it FINALLY went away!  Think I'll treat myself to Jimmy Johns since it went away:)

New Years day it was a little warmer than usual, but it was extremely windy.  I started cleaning out the hall closet during Kendall's nap.  This is where we keep too many things; coats, diapers, wipes, games, blankets, shoes......and the list goes on.  So, while cleaning I found a kite that we had bought to take to the beach.  Only we took it and never used it.  

I sat it out and when Kendall woke up she found it and wanted to open it.  So, we did and then Chris said it's actually probably windy enough that this kite will fly.  So outside we went. I bundled Kendall up first.  It wasn't warm, but it wasn't freezing cold either and we didn't stay out too long!

 Needless to say she LOVED it!  When Chris first got the kite in the air she kept saying "Oh nooo, mommy, oh noo"  It was the cutest thing in our squeaky little voice.  We let her hold the kite, but she let go of it haha!
 She was way more interested in watching the kite in the air than holding the string.
 The only bad thing about flying a kite in our area is we have a lot of trees around us.  So, it got caught quite a few times but that was OK daddy could get it out!
 She is such a big girl. I can't believe how big she is getting and she doesn't look like a baby girl anymore she looks like such a big girl!

Makes me so sad to think how big she is getting, but it also makes me so excited for all the fun things we can do together as she gets older!  I am especially excited for this summer.  She will want to do so much more this summer and we will have lots of fun:)

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooooo CUTE!!! Loving those photos and what she said about the kite! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah said...

What a fun post. Kendall looks like such a big girl "flying" her kite. :)

Abby Devine said...

She is sooo precious, growing up soooo sooo fast.

Sara said...

Stop it with that hat! Oh my word!!!! How cute is she???