Sunday, December 18, 2011

Snowman Poop and "cute" Plates

Nice title for a post huh?  Haha!  Around our house Snowman Poop is a must this time of year.  We make it several times and it makes so much!  I have already made three batches of it this season! I know it's terrible we can't keep our hands out of it.  I have to say that the first batch we split with Jen and the second batch we took to a party and used for presents, and todays batch is ALL ours:)

I have been making this for as long as I can remember.  Most people call it muddy buddies, but we like to call it snowman poop around here!  

Trust me this is the easiest thing you can make, and you can't mess it up I promise!
 All you need:  Chex mix (I like plain Jen uses chocolate!), 1 cup of semisweet chocolate morsels, powder sugar, 1/2 cup of peanut butter, a teaspoon of vanilla,
 and I almost forgot the butter!  Again everyone makes this different and I know a lot of people don't add the butter, but we like butter around here so I add it!
 First, you pour 9 cups of Chex mix into a bowl and then set it aside.  Easy as can be:)
 Next, you measure out a cup of the chocolate morsels;
 and a 1/2 cup of peanut butter, and your 1/4 of a cup of butter.
 Then, you will mix all of this together and microwave for 1 minute.  Once you microwave it for 1 minute, mix it, then put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.  Continue this until it is smooth and easy to stir.
 Lastly, add in a teaspoon of vanilla.  Again another ingredient that I know many people leave out. I am telling you if you google muddy buddies or maybe even snowman poop you will find so many different varieties for how people make this.  I think it all pretty much tastes the same, but that is my opinion

OK moving along....
 Add your mixture to the cereal.  I add a little mix, add a little more, and mix until it's all been added.
 And all of it is pretty well mixed.  I think I could have used a little more chocolate in this batch, but it still works the same!
 Here comes the fun and oh so messy part:)  Pour your mixture into a garbage bag.  A clean one of course!
 Then pour your powder sugar over top of your cereal.  This is the ONLY ingredient I don't measure out. I just pour what I think will be enough.  We LOVE powder sugar around here so you can never use too much!
 Once you have it all in there mix the bag up really good.  Shake it and get all of the cereal covered with powder sugar!
 And as Kendall would say TaDa!! You have your very own Snowman Poop
 Or Muddy Buddies whatever you prefer to call it!
 And real life here:  The recipe is totally on the back of the Chex Cereal Box.  Not even gonna tell you that I made this recipe up because I used the exact same one that is on the back of this box!  Easy as pie:)
 I found these last night and completely forgot that we had them. I was thinking I wish I had a few cute (as Kendall would call them) Christmas plates.  Then I got to thinking and I was like shoot I do have a few cute Christmas plates but where in the world are they.
Luckily for me my memory was working last night and I remembered where they were and I was able to get them out all by myself! That's the best part.  And aren't they cute?

Hope ya'll have a wonderful Monday!  I am relaxing tonight and this week because I am now on Winter Vacation and loving every minute of it:)

Linking up tonight with Met Monday

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh Yum!! I'd have to do it minus the peanut butter cause Brian can't have that ... but I am sooooo on this!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Terry said...

I'm pretty sure my mom, rest her soul, would have called them "muddy buddies" even if she knew the real name. Our big problem in Atlanta will be finding a snowman to feed the Chex.