Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Let's Talk Hair: My Hair

So, I am sure this post will be SO interesting to all of you, but I was getting ready yesterday morning before my hair appointment and thought I am going to take some before and after pictures of my hair and it turned quite hilarious quite fast:)

I have very coarse, dry, frizzy hair and I also have the BEST hair dresser.  If it weren't for her I probably wouldn't have much hair left:)  

Anyways yesterday I went in to get a Keratin treatment.  This is the second time that she has done this to my hair.  I love getting it done because it smooths my hair out, but I hate the process.  For three days I can't put my hair in a pony, tuck it behind my ears, or wash it. Now the washing part doesn't bother me because I don't have to wash my hair often.  Like I said it's coarse, dry, and frizzy.   I just put a little baby powder on my roots and tada! 
 So, here are the funny before pictures I took yesterday morning. I couldn't figure out how in the world to take these pictures.  My roots were looking a bit yucky.  It's harder to keep them hidden in the winter time than summer.
 This was before I was walking out the door just wanted to share my cute scarf!
 Kendall insisted on brushing her teeth while I was taking these pictures!!  You can totally see my roots in this picture.  WOW they are bad!
 And one more bad root picture!!
 And here is the last and the last day for three days that I can tuck behind my ears:(
 And here is the after.  I almost didn't share these because my bangs look SO funky, but I decided heck with it ! Not to mention I have no makeup on and my eyebrows are a little red!  Haha the real me you see! I can't spray them down so they are wild. We are trying to train my hair to this side and when I can't spray it's extremely hard.
 Roots look much better!!  My hair looks a little oily haha and I am not use to that!  It feels so heavy right now with that stuff in it and I can't wait to wash it and have nice new hair!  I have enough hair that you and I and another friend could share my hair. Real Life: I lose a head of hair after every shower and after having Kendall I never knew I could lose that much hair!
 And the back look how smooth!!  I'll post a picture Friday of the real after once I can wash it and style it the way that I would like!

Hope everyone is enjoying their week before Christmas.  I have a few more things to get and then I am FINISHED!! One year I will be finished with shopping before my Christmas Break.  Yeah right who am I kidding:)

5 comments:

Paige said...

I love your hair, the color is beautiful! I loose a ton of hair all of the time too. My hair is SO thick but it's hard to tell it for some reason.

Holly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I WISH I had your hair... mine is baby fine and thin and I know 3 year olds with more hair than I have!!

I'll have to look up the treatment-- but if I am honest, I think I couldn't make it 3 days without washing-- but mostly, with no ponytail!! [my poor hair]

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee it!! Merry Christmas!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Just the Two of US said...

love the hair! beauty!

Genn said...

Your hair looks great!! And I loved all the fun pictures and commentary. :)I have u ever heard of the brazilan blowout? Its basically the same end result as the keratin trtmnt but the process is slightly different, and u can wash your hair that day again if u want to! No having to wear it down for 3 days. The brazilan blowout is the one I do in the salon. But I totally understand if ur hair gal is awesome and just stickin with what she does! At any rate, you look great and have very beautiful hair. And ps- ur roots are not even bad! :)