Saturday, December 17, 2011

Home Christmas Tour 2011

I am a little late getting this post up, but that's alright better late than never!  Yesterday was our last day of school for 16 whole days and I was pretty excited about that!! I am ready for a much needed break!  

Now on to our decor.  I didn't do a whole lot of decorating this year.  Our house probably looks pretty dull compared to the hundreds of other blog posts out there, but I did what I could to keep my sanity and still keep my house some what straightened!  I am sure I left out a few things, and if I find that I will share them in another post:)

 I love that I have moved my baker's rack out into the Great Room.  It gives me another place to decorate for the Holidays! I didn't take a big picture of my baker's rack but this is the top and the bottom!  I love looking at our December Daily album during the Holidays. I have been working on my this year's and I know we will love looking at it next Christmas!  I also LOVE my Willow Tree Nativity!  It's one of my absolute favorite pieces!
 Those glass bowls from my sister in laws wedding have become quite handy!  I love filling them for each holiday!  And this is my Louisville Christmas Platter!
 We are no longer dreaming of going to a bowl game, because we will be there!!  We are going to the Belk Bowl and we can't wait to watch it!
 The wreath on my front door that I still want painted black:)
 On the inside of our front door!
 This is a new decor this year!  I put this on Kendall's door and I thought it was cute. I could definitely do something a little more creative on it, but I just wanted to get it hung!
 I didn't get a picture of the inside of Kendall's room but she has her tree and a pink Santa and Snowman siting on her shelf! I will take a picture one day this week!
 Kendall loves playing with her Little People Nativity set!! She has fun lining the pieces up and putting the Baby on top of the stable!
 Another favorite of Kendall's she loves to dance to this little guy!
 Real life: There is nothing on my candle holders. I haven't found the perfect thing for them just yet. I'll let you know when or if I do!  I haven't found the right place for my cards just yet. so they are hanging out on the mantle for now.
 Totally didn't realize that my stocking was backwards until just now. Mine is slightly different than Chris' it has stripes on it! I love our new stockings.  Mine being backwards is totally fitting because when I ordered them they sent mine wrong. They sent me a stocking with a reindeer on it and we had to send it back. I highly recommend Pottery Barn Kids! They had the best costumer service and were quick to pick up the wrong stocking and send a new one!
 Our upstairs tree. It's decorated with our special ornaments. I love all the ornaments on this tree.  They all have some kinds of meaning to them!
 This is also new. I have become a little obsessed with deco mesh!! It's so fun and cute to work with! i added it to my banister at the top of the stairs,
 as well as the banister going down the stairs!  So stinkin' cute!!
 This is our downstairs tree.  It is covered with jingle buddies. In college I was obsessed with these things and we have all the sets that we could find from Wizard of Oz to The Grinch. This year we even added an Elf on the Shelf jingle buddy!
And a few decorations sitting on the table in our other Great Room.  I love this picture of Kendall from last Christmas.  It makes me oh so sad at the same time, because she was so little last year and she is getting so big!

Thanks for stopping by and please don't forget to go by http://kellyskornerblog.blogspot.com

PS: I can NOT for the life of me figure out how to add a link into my blog posts. I knew how to do it on my PC but for some reason it is not the same on a MAC. If you have any idea how to do this could you please let me know?  Thanks so much!

7 comments:

Katie said...

I love the pink tree! My daughter has a tiny purple one & my son a blue one. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Tickled Pink said...

We have the same stockings- love them! And I seriously need to add ribbon garland to my life- yours looks gorgeous!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee the photos!! Your decor looks AWESOME!!!! And sorry love... I don't MAC... so I am not sure! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Amanda said...

Your house looks so cute!! And I agree with you about the pictures. I was just comparing Emma's last year picture with this year's and it was like looking at a different kid. Makes me sad too, but I am so happy and blessed to have a healthy baby (even though she is now a toddler) As far as the MAC question goes I think if you highlight the text and hit Ctrl (or Command) C it will copy and then do the same with Ctrl (Command) V it will paste. Then you should be able to just copy the link and paste it into blogger. Let me know if that works for ya!

crazyblessed said...

I love the Louisville Christmas Platter- I need an Aggie one! So fun. Merry Christmas!

MilandDil Designs said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comments on my SNOWmantel. This decor was a real change for me from previous years of a more serious designer look. But with 5 grandkids it was time to make it all about them. Blessings this holiday season.

Savannah said...

I love all of your decor, especially the Louisville platter. :) I'm totally jealous of your plans for the Belk Bowl. I'll watch for you on TV!