Sunday, November 27, 2011

Revamped Christmas Wreath!

I love Christmas decorations, but goodness gracious it is a chore to get them out! I have had this wreath since probably before Chris and I got married. I don't think I have hung it on the door, but I am sure Chris did before we got married:)
I decided it needed a little revamp before I could hang it up this year. I had thought about making a new wreath, but I saw this idea at Hobby Lobby and it was going to be way cheaper to make it myself using what I had.  Plus I like way cheaper don't you?
So, my first step was to simply bunch deco  mesh onto the wreath and tie it on there by wrapping a piece of the wreath around it!  Super, super easy I promise!
I thought it needed a little more so I decided to add an ornament where I tied off the deco mesh.  This picture isn't the greatest picture because I had to use my flash. It has rained here ALL day so there was no using natural light.
And the finished product on our door! (By the way, since I moved into this house I have been asking Chris to paint that door black and it is still that color. I am not a fan of that color and never have been, but hey I have gotten a lot of other things a long the way!)
And a close up!! I am so proud of my new wreath. I love making new out of what we already have!  Saves money and it's fun.
Here, is a before and after picture without the lights on.

And this cute butt, well she refused to smilie for me in a picture and she KNEW exactly what she was doing!  I love her to pieces though:)

Have a great Monday everyone!

Linking up to http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com for Metamorphosis Monday!

4 comments:

Sharing Shadymont said...

You did a fantastic job with the wreath. I love to re-do items I already have too! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Shelli Ryan said...

My Kendall does the same thing when I whip the camera out! I love the revamped wreath - I'm so going to copy this!!! ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That wreath is AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I loveeeeeeee those photos of Kendall...toooooooo cute! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Healthy Branscoms said...

Cute wreath! :) I love the red! I am a new follower of your blog! :) Erin