Sunday, October 23, 2011

Kitchen Remodel FINISHED!!

OK, I am hoping you made it through THIS post and are now here to see the finished product! I really wanted to do this in one post, but it wouldn't let me because of all my pictures. So, here we are!!


So, remember I was telling you about that wall and the holes that it left. Well, here is the wall all mudded up and ready for us to sand and paint! I said we because I did this too you know?

And here is my floor completely finished. I think it looks really good next to our cabinets! I love the colors in it. I am pretty sure I have already said that, but I just wanted to make sure you knew how much I LOVE that floor.




And here is the dishwasher and the two new cabinets/drawers we added to our kitchen. One of the cabinets now stores our trash cans and I can't tell you how much I like this. The trashcans were in the hallway in the pantry. It was a pain plus we didn't really like the thought of the trash and the food together! This has worked out for us perfectly!


Just another picture of the wall missing and the new cabinets!

And a view from the "kitchen". I love all the space we made for ourselves. I must also mention that we decided to keep the bakers rack out in the family room. Another room that isn't often used, but is part of our house:) We thought it would be a better use of space if we were to move that rack out into the bigger room as you walk up the stairs. It's worked out really nice for us as well!


And here is the front of our cabinets. The one on the left has our trashcans and the one on the right has our pots, pans, and lids.


We now have two trash cans, which can be a pain, but hasn't been too bad so far. We knew one little can wouldn't be enough for all the trash we have everyday so we went with the two.


And here is that shelf organizer I was telling you about again. The bottom holds the pots and pans and the top holds the lids.


The lids all nicely organized!! Did I tell you how much I LOVE this drawer!! So so easy when cooking dinner at night!

And the FINISHED product!! We purchased our table at IKEA and we absolutely love it! So nice and roomy. We didn't know what to do the first night we ate supper on it. There was so much room and we weren't sitting on top of one another!! Even Kendall had plenty of room!!


The view from the "dining room" I love my new counter space. It's so nice to unload dishes here, to prepare meals here, and just have that extra space for other things. I can't tell you how much I LOVE my kitchen. It ALMOST makes me not want to ever move out of this house. Just Kidding we are slowly, but surely outgrowing our sweet little home. But, this update gave me a good few more years left in this home:)

And the bakers rack that no longer stores my crockpots and my salad bowls. I love how simple it looks with just a few fall decorations and other small items!


Just one more look at the counter so that you can see the corner round that Chris laid around the bottom of it. A little detail that made a big difference.

And here is your finall look at all the before and afters of this kitchen remodel. I hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as I am enjoying my space:) Have a great week!

Linking up to Between Naps on the Porch: Metamorphosis Monday


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oh wow hun its looks awesome, love the green and it looks so big now!!! I love the 2 trash cans in the drawer too.
huge hugs Lou xxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! Looks AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah said...

Your kitchen looks amazing! Happy cooking! :)

Shelli Ryan said...

It looks so good! I love the pots/pans and trash drawers! Genius! And I love the table! I bet you are so happy it's finished - happy cooking!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

The kitchen looks amazing! Great job. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

The 2 Seasons said...

Looks great I think having 2 trash cans will be very nice and I need one of those lid organizers. The lids always drive me crazy here at my kitchen. Now you can sit back and enjoy!!!