Friday, August 5, 2011

It's a Jungle in First Grade!

I have been MIA for a few days now because I had to go back to work BOO!! But, I am really excited about some of the cool things I am doing in my classroom this year and can't wait to share them with you!!


I am linking up to:





SO let's get started!!!


I had so much fun making this tree! All I did was use two tri fold boards and green bulletin board paper!! I knew that it was going to need a little love to truly look like a tree though. My team mate suggested I had brown paper sticking out to create the palm tree effect, so I used my Create A Critter Cricut Cart and made the green grass brown, hot glued it to the board and flipped the ends out! (I just had to make note that the big ABC letters are NO longer hanging up I changed them to the smaller cards and my calendar is no longer a mess like it is in this picture AND I have the cutest pink chair sitting in front of my tree that looks so stinkin cute! I will try to take a picture of it Monday and post so you can see it!!



And this is my end result. It took many, many days of going to school to finish this tree! But, it was so well worth it because I am in love with it and I know my kids will LOVE It!



I cut out a few animals and bananas and taped them to my tree and LOVE it!!!



The end result:)



And one more!




This area is my cubby, planner, important papers, and homework drop off. I found this paper tablecloth at hobby lobby I seriously doubt it will last there, but it was so cute I couldn't pass it up!!


This board looks totally different now! I cut out a bunch of different jungle themed animals and wrote the kids names on them and stapled them to the board and surrounded them with Dr. Seuss hats! Our school theme is Dr. Seuss and I chose to take off with this book and do a Jungle Theme! My team mate did a forrest theme. Maybe I can share her room with you next week!!



This will be my center board! I continued the grass all the way across and threw a few gators in them as well!!



These lanterns are hanging over each student table and an animal is hanging from them as well! I also hung vines and birds from the lantern to the ceiling!



A close up!



The zebra table!



And again! (that opening behind the zebra is the boys bathroom. Yep in my classroom shared with the first, second, fourth and sometimes fifth grade boys! The loveliness of being an open school building!)



Jessica hung this cute little vine over her book nook area and It runs great with the theme in my room as well!! SO, our school has NO walls and we seperate our classrooms by what you see in this picture bookshelves, cabinets and rolling carts! It is a very different atmosphere but we love it!! Jessica and I can see, hear and talk to one another all day long! It's awesome!



A view from the door! Another great thing about no walls is our classrooms are HUGE!! We are supposedly getting a new building in two years and we will definitely miss these big classrooms!! I am fortunate to have a door in my classroom with a window, but most classrooms have NO outside light.




And another view click to make pictures larger!!


And looking straight ahead towards Jess's room and my desk.



Along the side where the sinks, water fountains and my fridge are located!





I hope you enjoyed looking at my classroom! I will try to get more pictures of the finished product next week before the kids move in!!


Thanks for stopping by:)


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Savannah said...

I love the theme of your classroom, especially your new tree! I teach high school and am trying to incorporate more of a "theme" that doesn't seem too juvenile for my wild teenagers. Can't believe the beginning of the school year is so close!

Work, Wife, Mom... Life! said...

i am sooo jealous that you get to use all your crafting stuff for work like that!! what a cute room!! i hope my kids have a teacher like you!

Tickled Pink said...

Love your tree! Great job !!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee your room...that tree is AWESOME!:):):):):):):):):):):):)

The Taffs said...

You have such a pretty room! I love the jungle theme with the purple. Have a happy school year!

Paige said...

I absolutely LOVE your room! The jungle theme is adorable and you have done such a wonderful job on the decor! Hope you're school year is fabulous!

Kelsey said...

Thanks for your comment on my classroom pictures!

The animals hanging from the lanterns are SO cute!

deb famularo said...

Hey stranger!!! OMG, your classroom is sooooooo cute! I wish Ava was in your class! She'd love you! Hope your summer was great! xOxO