Monday, August 29, 2011

8 Months Later


I just have to say that I really REALLY can't believe that this is me January 3 and yesterday August 29!! Doesn't even seem possible that I was that big and that out of shape. Yes I had a baby 9 months prior to that, but what in the world did I do to let myself get to that point? I look like I am still three months pregnant! I am sure you can clearly tell which picture is the before and which is the after and if you can't PLEASE don't tell me K thanks!!:)

I am so PROUD of my accomplishments and where I have come and where I am and where I am going!

Where did I come from? A girl that ate as if it was her LAST meal yes I LOVE to eat and I did it ALL The time. I didn't care what went in my mouth as long as it was yummy. I have never been much of a sweets girl, but after having Kendall I love them too much. It would be nothing for us to get a blizzard 2-3 times a week!

Where am I now? Today I am working out at least 4-5 days a week and I count EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth. OF course I give myself one day where the rules don't apply and I eat what I want when I want that whole day. But, those other 6 days no food goes in my mouth without being recorded in my phone! It's no longer a struggle to do this everyday, but I would be lying if I didn't say that some days I am way weaker than others! This has become a lifestyle for me. My whole mindset has changed as in no longer am I on a diet, but this is my new way of life. I have been going strong with the program I am doing for almost 70 days now. Yes it took me almost 6 months to finally get on the train and do it the right way, but honestly I learned that NO one can motivate me but me. I was tired of being sluggish and crying because none of my old clothes fit and I was tired of feeling so yucky about myself.

Today I am 5 pounds from my goal weight, but to tell you the truth when I reach that goal I just might set myself another goal!

SO some of you might be wondering and some might not care haha, but what have I been doing? Well I started out walking everyday and eating between 1200-1500 calories a day. Then I started doing Turbojam 4-5 days a week, which moved me into Turbofire! I absolutely love these workouts and I can't talk about them enough! They work for me and for the first time in my ENTIRE life I can do a 60 minute cardio workout witout giving up:)

I can't tell you how proud I am of myself. I didn't write this post to glow on myself, I simply wrote this post because I have never worked so hard in my life to get somewhere I really want to be! I am serious when I say this is my lifestyle now and it won't change I can't let it change because I don't want to go back to that!!

I am already thinking ahead. As crazy as it sounds I am a planner and I have to prepare myself for things such as holidays that will be arriving quickly. I know that I will probably have more than one cheat day those weeks, but I have to get right back on track as soon as it's over AND I can't stop working out.

Working out has been the most important part of this process. I had a baby and skin doesn't go back on it's own after having a baby unless you are EXTREMLY lucky. Me I wasn't one of those people and that's OK with me! I am working out and in a few months maybe I will have another post with another picture of the same exact outfit and I won't even believe that this was me today!

So for those of you out there that say you can't do it, you CAN I promise you can, but I am quite honest when I say that NO ONE can motivate you but yourself and no one can force you to put down the cookie and the burgers but YOU!! So, if you are inspired if you think you can do it then you CAN!!

Wow what a long post, but I am just so darn proud of myself and I will continue on this journey of a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life!!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You look AWESOME girl! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Shannon said...

You look great! Congratulations!

Shelli Ryan said...

You look GREAT! I need to check out Turbojam! Are you usinf my fitness pal app to track your food?

Sonya said...

You look great!

Maggi said...

You look amazing and girl, you have every right to be proud of yourself! Your post is so inspiring. Keep it up, you're doing it!