Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pinterest Love

I have been dying to share with ya'll this project that I had been working on! I got the idea from my new love/obsession Pinterest (Click there to see the picture of my inspiration and to follow me!!)
So here is what I did:




Found some super cute scrapbooking patterned paper!



Created a stencil using cardboard. (Sorry no picture of that!)


Spent HOURS upon HoURS tracing and cutting these leaves! Took me a long time and a friend said why didn't you just use your cricut? DUH DUH DUH! Then using plant wire, tacky glue, and branches from outside, I glued two leaves back to back to the end of the wire and just twisted it around the branch!



And there you have it!! A cute little tree that can't die on me!!




A close up of the leaves. I am not kidding you this was probably one of the easiest projects I have ever done and it was a lot of fun! I will seriously make one for each season, but next time I will use my cricut to cut haha!!!



(Sorry for not very good pics. Kendall is napping and I was trying to get this post done quickly)


I am really wondering if I should add another branch? What do you think? Mine isn't nearly as full as the one in the picture but I don't know?



Here is a post that I found that gives WAY better directions than I could have ever given:)



Hope you enjoy and please let me know if you decide to make one!!

Oh and of course I must tell you that I got my vase at a GREAT deal from here!




One last thing and then I promise I am hitting publish:)




If you haven't checked this sweet girls blog out what are you waiting for click NOW!!!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

iheartorganizing said...

OMG how great is that? Love love love all the leafy colors!

Thanks so much for linking up and sharing!

xoxo,
Jen

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is just AWESOME!!! Love it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)