Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Note Card Organization

To say I have an obssession with notecards is an understatement! I love to send and recieve snail mail especially sweet little cards. No matter how technology based our society becomes I don't think I will ever be able to let go of this little paper obssession of mine! As you can see I have SEVERAL note cards and they were beginning to take over an entire shelf in our office closet so I knew I had to do something as I begin cleaning/purging/reorganizing the office closet. I thought this would be a quick and easy task to tackle while Kendall was taking a nap so I began.


I had three different containers with unorganized cards in them. My goal was to get all of them in one container and organized. I loved this little file system that Chris got me full of cards a few years ago. However, it didn't hold up to the amount of cards I had so I had to pitch it and move on to something different.





I didn't want to give up the filing cards that came with this box those because they were great for my cards.


However, they were a little too wide for the box I planned to use. No problem! I got my scissors out and quickly cut them down to size to fit perfectly into the new box!


I began organizing and purging my cards. I have a lot of cards that I have had for SEVERAL years that are probably never going to be used by me. So I set them aside to take to school for my students to use in the writing center. They will LOVE this!!


Here are my cards all nice and neatly filed away! LOVE:)



What makes me happier than a nice organized box of cards. Geez I don't know haha!!


The box I chose to use was a box that was given to me when I graduated from high school. It was filled with notecards and pens for me to use during college! I love pigs and it has a cute little shadow box on top of it with a little pig in it!! It worked perfectly and I wasn't really willing to give it up just yet so it was great!


This shelf was completely taken over by notecards and now look at it! Nothing but one little box full of all my notecards and it at easy access anytime I need a card:)



And here is my sweet little stack to take to my students for the writing center! My new students in the fall will be so excited to see this!!


Can't wait to get this office closet cleaned and organized! It's taking some time but it will be SO worth it in the end I just know it:)


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this idea!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

This is a great idea. I have a ton of notecards. I have an elastic around them, but I might do this.