Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Laundry Room Organizing

I thought I would organize my laundry room shelves today because 1. It's NEVER been done in the four years I have been here.
2 It was a MESS!
Looking at these shelves like this was making me NOT want to do anymore laundry. (OK real life I never want to do laundry!) But pretty shelves make it a lot easier:)


The first thing I did was clear all the shelves off. I threw everything on the ground!


Just like so. Then I threw all the things that we never use in the garbage, which was half of the junk up on this shelf! (Seriously we have 4 bottles of bleach. I have lived in this house for 4 years and have used bleach 1 time really 1 time!)



Next I went through this big pile of towels! Can you tell that we like the water in the summer time? I only got rid of 1 beach towel because really they were all good towels! I just need to remember that we don't need ANY towels this summer:)




Next after making sure it was alright with Chris I threw the rest of the stuff I didn't know we had in the garbage! We don't use it and we don't need it! My first purge of the summer!!
And here is my end result! I like it alright, but the towel holder isn't big enough. I am going to search the house to see if we have anything bigger and if not it's off to Target I go:)




I give myself an A+ on the first reorganzing/purge of the summer:)

And on being intentional: I get an A for the day!

6 comments:

Sonya said...

It looks great! I'm itching to get started on my summer organizing! Only 13 more days!

Shelli Ryan said...

Looks good! Feel free to come tackle my laundry room and linen closet next!! ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks AWESOME girl! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

West Texas Wife said...

Wish I had your motivation! You alot of bleach huh? lol

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sonya said...

It looks great! I can't wait for summer vacation so I can start on all my cleaning and organizing projects! Only 11 more days!