Monday, May 23, 2011

L A Z Y

I feel incredibly lazy today and I have nothing special to share other than the fact that I feel lazy!

Oh and that I am going to wear a bathing suit this weekend and I am currently eating a box of double stuffed oreos. The oreos look way cuter than the bathing suit right now:) I have 10 pounds that I just can't shake!! I have lost 15 pounds since the start of August! GO me but come on 10 other pounds give me a break here!! (Maybe I should put the oreos down!)

We have four more school days left with kids. Four. I never thought this day would come.

This has been the absolute hardest year of my career yet. There are several reasons why I think it is has been so difficult. Some I won't share on a public blog, but here are a few:

1. First year with a baby and working. Sersouly God bless mothers out there with 2 or 3 or more children and working a full time job ALL year long. I don't know if it is my personality (liking everything organized and doing everything perfectly) but this school year has about killed me. I think the hardest part has been realizing my day doesn't end at 345 anymore. My day ends at 8 or a little after when Kendall goes to bed. Teaching is a tiring job. I would say teaching K/1 is even more tiring because they need you ALL day from the time they get there til the time they leave.

2. Teaching a split class has been the most difficult thing ever. I have never found myself so twisted, unorganized, spread out, or more confused as a teacher. Teaching a split class takes a lot of things and number 1 on that list should be organization. I was thrown into a split class three weeks after school started. Teachers you know that after a few weeks you have your routines established with your students. Imagine that being thrown in your face times three to find out you are losing 10 of your students and gaining 10 new ones!! It was a tough tough ride and I never really gained control until about January/February. Crazy that my students survived with me.

Well that brings me here. I have agreed to teach a K/1 split again next year. Crazy doesn't even explain it! I wil make it work though because now I have experience and I am prepared. I also know that I am going to be a split from the first day and all of my routines will established with a class that I will not lose! I can live with that. Plus I get a great little helper for about 2 1/2 hours out of the day!! Jackie has been an amazing help this year and I am so glad that he agreed to give her back to me again this coming school year!

I will think about all of that very soon, but for now I am going to focus on getting to the kids last day this Friday and my last day next Thursday! Then I am NOT going to think about school for at least three weeks. Really I am making myself forget about it until we get back from vacation and then maybe if I am ready I will start focusing on a new school year! Maybe.

Funny how this post went from me being lazy to this terribly hard school year. Wow I think I need to go to bed now! And goodness sakes if you read this post bless you:)

Have a great Tuesday ya'll!

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Those are definitely 2 things in a school year that would throw me off! I hope your last days go smoothly and that you have a really relaxing summer!

-Lucky Mommy- said...

You have such a cute blog! I'm assuming that your baby sleeps??? If not I don't know how anyone could do it. I tried working for 8 months and had to quit because I was getting like 4 hours of sleep a night.....nightmare!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I'm sorry you have had a tough time.... I hope it gets better soon :):):):):):):):):):)