Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Birthday Party! (Warning: picture HEAVY!)

I thought I would share with you the different things I did and made for Kendall's birthday party! Our theme was elephants and our colors were pink, green, and yellow!














A first birthday party takes A LOT of work! Wow were we worn out Saturday night!


Here are a few things that we did to prepare for Kendall's Party!First there is an Elephant Banner. It's pretty simple, but oh so cute and we had a lot of fun making it!!
What is a birthday without a cake table! I wish I would have gotten a closer shot of a few different things on this table. First the big elephant on the left is actually a jar full of pink, green, and yellow M&Ms...the green bucket on the right has spoons in it! I love these cupcake trees and I paid $5.00 for them at Wal Mart at Valentines. I know we will get SEVERAL uses out of them and they will be well worth the money....I loved the cupcake holders they matched the theme PERFECTLY!! And I used create a critter to make the cute cupcake toppers!In LOVE with this elephant cake. I have to say all I did was bake it, help with an ear and place the googley eyes...Jennifer did the rest and she did an AMAZING job on it!Of course the birthday girl had to have her OWN cupcake! It turned out super cute as well. Her banner says I am 1!!A close up of the cupcake and the banner. Super cute..I got the cupcake cake dish at Wal Mart during Valentine as well..Great idea for a baby's cake:)And what is a birthday without the cutest baby ever eating yummy hot pink icing!!What is an elephant party without a peanut goody box? There were only 4 kids at the party, but we loved giving out these little goody bags to them and they enjoyed them as well!And an elephant shirt for the birthday girl. Poor Kendall was not feeling good at all during her party, she was tired and has a top row of teeth trying to make their way in. Poor thing she did really good considering! This was the best I could get of her shirt, because she was fussy if Chris or I weren't holding her!And this was something I displayed at the party. These are Kendall's purple chair pictures every month! I so enjoyed looking at this. I LOVE this frame. I am not much on silver frames so when I saw this at Hobby Lobby I fell in love with it. I will take another picture when we hang it in Kendall's room! We are trying to decide if we will keep her initials in the middle or put a picture of her eating cake!

7 comments:

Maggi said...

How cute is she?! I can't believe she's one already, where does the time go??? Everything looks so fun and cute, love that frame!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo PRECIOUS!! I love love love love the photos!! Looks like a FUN day! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Risley said...

so cute!!

Brooke said...

Love the decorations and birthday frame! Happy Birthday Kendall!

jacque4u2c said...

WOw - how this year has flown!!! You did an amazing job with all the decorations!!!

deb famularo said...

OMG Christy! I can't believe Kendall is one already! Where does the time go?? What a beauty she is, and what a totally adorable birthday party you had!! I love all your cute elephant decor!!!! And peanut goodie boxes, tooo cute!That giant pink cupcake is the best, and the cake! love it all!
Happy Birthday Kendall!!!! love you! xoxox

~BridgetL~ said...

happy birthday to Kendall. I think you did a wonderful job on all the cute things for her party. I can't believe she is one already. She is such a cutie pie :)