Saturday, September 11, 2010

Today 9 Years Ago

I was a senior in high school. Yes my senior year. We were sitting in sewing class and someone came running down the hallway screaming the twin towers have been hit.
We flipped the TV on to see everything unfolding, the second plane had just hit.

I being a 17 year old senior and maybe a little, OK a lot naive and very shelter, didn't realize the severity of this situation or what was quite going on.
It took a long time for it to sink it as I am sure it might have for many others.
One of our teacher's had a close family member working in those towers, he was paniced, praying, and waiting to hear the news. Fortunately for him the news was good and his family member was safe.

This was NOT the case for so many.
We watched the TV until our principal came over the intercom telling all teachers to turn off the TVs. They didn't want us to see the severity of what was coming. Can you blame them?
We stopped what we were doing, had a moment of silence, said a prayer and attempted to go about our day.
I wanted to talk to Chris, but had to wait til the end of the day.
The bell rang and we all raced to our cars to get home and see what was going on.
EVERY after school activity was canceled for that afternoon.
Every year on this day I sit.
I reflect about the day and the events that occured on 9/11

I think of all those that lost loved ones on that day and how lucky I am to live in the country of the red, white, and blue.

I thank our soliders as often as I can. Without them we wouldn't be the country that we are today.

We wouldn't be free.

We wouldn't have the educations we are free to recieve.

We wouldn't live the spoiled lives we do live.

I love our country and I love every single solider that has stood for what we believe and especially those that have lost their lives doing what they do.

I pray for all of those heavy hearts out there today as they are reminded of the tragedy that took a loved one from them.

I pray for all of those heavy hearts out there today that have lost a loved one who was fighting for our country.

I pray for all those heavy hearts out there that have family members still out protecting and fighting for our country.

I pray for those that are still fighting for our country becasue they believe in this nation.

I stand proud every time I hear our nation's anthem.

I stand proud everyday at school when our pledge is said and I hope I have taught my student's the importance of our country and to be proud of the nation we live in.

One of my student's has a parent who is currently deployed. I pray for the parent everyday I look at their child. We have conversation often about this parent and how he is protecting our country.

Being a mother for the first time on this day gives new meaning and feelings to this day. I want to protect my child from all evil in this world. It breaks my heart for those parents who also wanted to do the same for their children on this day 10 years ago as well as the parents who want to do this everyday as their child fights for our country.

I know my posts will probably not reach many soliders, but I could never ever thank them enough for what they have done for our country.

If you do protect our country and you are reading my post THANK YOU and thank your family for allowing you to do this incredible deed to protect us.

I can only thank you a million times through for protecting my family.

Today when we go to our home football game I will stand proud when the anthem is played and I will continue to pray for all the loved ones lost and those fighting for us everyday.

One Nation under God
Indivisible
With liberty and justice for all.

God bless America!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* this is an amazing post!! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!! TFS!!! I loveeeee the photos of your sweet baby too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Veronica Lee said...

None of us will ever forget that tragic day.

God Bless America.

Debbie L said...

What a beautiful post! And, Kendall is so sweet in her patriotic outfit!

~BridgetL~ said...

wow, love this post. You have a great way with words. :)Kendall sure is a cutie Pie :)