Thursday, July 29, 2010

Not SO Sweet Peas

We started giving Kendall peas this week and she HATES them. She makes the most awful face and spits them out as I feed them to her.

She even does the little shivers as she is swallowing them lol.

I am going to give her sweet potatoes tomorrow. I know everyone says you should give them green veggies first but if she doesn't like them I am not going to keep giving them to her right now. Of course I will try them again but I think it is time to try something mommy loves!
I will give her sweet potatoes for the next few days and then I think I will move on to green beans and then squash. I heard green beans are the most nasty baby food so we will see how she does with those.



The doctor told me to start giving her fruit with her cereal in the morning. I am going to start that on Monday. I wanted her to get a few more veggies in her before I started her on fruits.

Of course I know Kendall is going to eat whatever tastes best to her and my milk is still the most nutrional thing she is getting, but I still hope that I have a good eater on my hands.

Chris claims she doesn't like the peas because neither does he!
I am pretty sure she has a mind of her own:)

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww those photos are ADORABLE!!! And greens are hard!!! They never seem to like those! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

laterg8r said...

such adorable pics - most babies loooove sweet potatoes, my girls hated peas too :D

West Texas Wife said...

I love the second to last picture she looks like she is say pleaaaaaaaassssee stop feeding me peas!

deb famularo said...

lol!!
My kiddos weren't crazy about peas either, both of them did like green beans though!!!
She is a little princess!!!!!!!!! SOo cute!!!!
Hope you are doing well.I'm going nuts cleaning the house constantly, still no buyers....but Orlando is definitely looking promising, so cross your fingers!!! xoxo

Debbie L said...

Kendall is so beautiful!! She is growing up so quick~~can't believe she has already started some baby food.

~BridgetL~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~BridgetL~ said...

I hate peas too, so I don't blame her for spitting them out. I can't believe how fast she is growing. And with each picture she's more cuter than the last.