Thursday, June 17, 2010

Photoshop 101...Where is it?

I learned something today about Photoshop Elements 8 and I am very excited about it! I have been wanting to do black and white reverse on my photos for a LONG time! I didn't even know that was what it was called. I just wanted to be able to take a picture make it black and white except for one or two colors! And I figured it out today:)


When I was at IUS getting my masters I took a computer class. In that class the teacher informed us that we could download and have Photoshop for FREE! Yes all parts of it were available to students for free! One of the many things I guess our tuition paid for:) I never knew this until I was very close to graduating. Thank goodness I found out because I use it for my pictures all the time.

Unfortunately I don't have a manuel for it because I did download it. (Chris told me I should be able to find one online, which I am going to look for tonight!) Well, Chris bought me Photoshop as a surprise yesterday not realizing that it was what I had on the computer already. I was looking at the box and saw the reverse black and white and started exploring photoshop until I FINALLY found it!

Can you tell I am excited? I am sure there are millions of things Photoshop can do that I have yet to learn! I wish I could find a class on it, because I would for sure take it:)

I am sure if you looked closely at my pictures you would see a few flaws, but these were the first two that I did and I did them quickly because I was so excited to show Chris:)


Do you have photoshop? Do you know much about it? (I may need to hire you if you do!)

3 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

This is just awesome. My hubby knows all about photoshop - he loves it, but I have never attempted it =0 You have made it very enticing though! These just look FAB!

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

oh this is just awesome Christy! You're so lucky, I'd do anything to learn this, so you'll have to teach me someday okay!!!!!!
xoxoxo

laterg8r said...

i would love to learn how to do this, these pics are gorgeous :D

maybe the library has a manual you can borrow?