Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A working Mom

Today is my last day staying home with Kendall. I am sad, anxious, nervous, and excited all at the same time. I have really, really enjoyed being home with Kendall everyday. It will be extremely, extremely hard to leave this face tomorrow, but I will do and it will be OK.
I am a little embarrassed to say that I only have to go back to work for 13 days and then I have another 9 weeks off with Kendall. I am very fortunate to work the job I do in which I don't ever work a full month without at least one day a week off, I get 8-9 weeks off every summer, a 2 week winter break, and a 1 week Spring break. I couldn't ask for a better schedule.

Kendall will be staying with my mom and grandma the next 13 days that I have to work. In the fall she will be going to a home sitter in the neighborhood of the school I work at. We are very lucky for that. She will be within walking distances of my school and my principal's son will be with her!
I can't believe my baby is already 7 weeks old. She changes more and more everyday from the day she was born.
To today she has become a new baby! I love listening to all the new sounds she makes each day and just watching her grow. I am definitely one lucky mommy and one lucky wife!

I also don't know some of you blogger moms keep up with your blog like you do! I guess I will get better with more practice lol. But, this is the first week since we have been home that Kendall has napped in her bed by herself for about 2-3 hours at a time! So, if she keeps that up then I think I can keep up my blogging, but we will see:)

9 comments:

Brooke said...

She is adorable! Good luck going back to work...she will be fine!

Mandy said...

Christy...deep breath. Your students will be so excited to get you back and your little one is going to get the best of care. I'll be praying for you tomorrow.

laterg8r said...

so lucky to have your mom care for her during this time :D

you'll be back with her before you know it :D

Lynn said...

Christy, baby Kendall is just absolutely precious! Please check your email. I have something special for the both of you! ~Hugs, Happiness, and Blessings, Lynn

Brittany said...

You are so fortunate to be able to work, but still be so close to your little one! I found your blog from bloggy moms... I'm following you now. Kendall is super cute.

Brittany
http://lattelovemommy.com
@lattelovemommy

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Aww, I was wondering if you were going back- but at least it's only 13 days, Kendall will be fine with grandma!!! And girl, I NEVER am caught up on here- it is impossible! Don't worry about that! Have a nice day tomorrow on your first day back!! love deb

Julia said...

oh girl, i hope you have enjoyed your time "off". going back to work is sad but yet back to reality, which is a good thing.

will make you miss her so much more which makes coming home AWESOmE!! she's a doll!

Loopylou!! said...

sending big hugs for you for your first day back hunny and the 13 days will go so quickly,kendall is looking so gorgeous xxxxxx

Alissa said...

She's adorable. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to leave that precious girly. Good luck at work tomorrow. You'll do great and then you have some more mommy daughter time.