Monday, April 19, 2010

What I've Learned!

Kendall will be 4 weeks on Thursday. I can't believe it's already been four weeks, but then again I can:) I have learned a lot in the past four weeks about being a mom that NO one can teach you must learn from experience.
I just learned something about two minutes ago in fact:) I don't like to let Kendall cry at all therefore I carry her around on my waist all day. Well I am slowly learning that if she isn't hungry, doesn't need her diaper changed, and nothing else is going on, that I have to let her cry it out just a little bit! I just let her cry in the swing for 8 minutes and she STOPPED! Wahoo:) I was getting nothing done and Ihave to start doing things around here again for my own sanity. She might not be sleeping in there, but she is sitting nice and quietly!! I am proud of myself for letting her cry a little. I wasn't gonna let her go past ten minutes and she stopped in 8!!
I have also learned that as much as I love my sleep I am just going to have to get over it for a while and a be a little tired! I have always been a big sleeper:) Not during the day, but at night. I am a late nighter and a late morning sleeper, but not anymore! I have to get up now. Sleep who needs sleep?
I am slowly learning how to take care of this new little baby. I might not do everything "right" or the way that someone else would do it, but I am learning to do what works best for Kendall and I and that's all that matters.
And this little girl is getting use to her too:)

8 comments:

~BridgetL~ said...

wow I can't believe its going to be a month already. Im sure you are the best mom Kendall could ever have. It does take time to get into a routine. Letting my babies cry was the hardest thing for me too. Sleep or lack of it is part of the job of being a mom. It will get better once she's a little older. She is really a cutie pie. You are truly blessed. :)

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Wow 1 month old already!! She is such a doll Christy! And so is Zoey, so sweet!!!!!!!!!! (Love her!)
Daddy looks pretty good too! That picture of the two of them is priceless! Welcome to motherhood girl!!!!!!!!!! lol

love u, deb

laterg8r said...

she's so sweet :D

it's always hard to let them cry!

Hansen Family said...

I am sure you are doing amazing with your baby! She is so beautiful and I wish I could take pictures of her. Take care of yourself and your new little family.

Salt said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations!! I don't have any littles of my own yet, but I've heard that time flies!

jacque4u2c said...

Thanks so much for the updates! I was wondering how you were holding up. I remember those days when I first brought Katelyn home. Girl I don't think there is any right way because what works one day may not work the next! So just hang in there! You are doing GREAT! Give Zoey a hug!!! It sounds like she is doing great too!

Alissa said...

Oh my gosh clearly I've been out of the loop. CONGRATS on everything! She's gorgeous can't wait to hear more.

Mandy said...

I can totally relate to how a little person can rock your world! She is so sweet and hard to believe she is a month already!