Saturday, March 13, 2010

False Alarm!

Yesterday while at work I started cramping in my lower back and abs. I was also bleeding a little and have NEVER done that before. My doctor did an exam on Thursday that was pretty rough and said I could have some spotting.

I called the doctor anyways. They sent me triage to get checked thinking maybe I was in the beginning stages of labor! NOPE not a chance. Still 3cm and 60% effaced.

Hopefully we will have NO more false alarms and the next time I am sitting in that triage bed is for real!

Today we have done absolutely nothing. It's the first time in I couldn't tell you how long I haven't gotten out of my pajamas ALL day. Have to say it feels pretty good:)

Only 13 days til Kendall's due date unless of course she comes early. My doctor said she would strip my membrane on Thursday if I haven't gone. Have you had that done? Tell me how bad it hurts please. I think I will probably go ahead and let her do it especially if I haven't progressed at all.

Chris and I are pretty ready for Kendall to make her appearance now!!

11 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I haven't done that... but I can tell you once they put Kendall in your arms you will forget all about ALL the pain...

~BridgetL~ said...

Im sorry it was a false alarm, I know how much you both want Kendall here. I've never had that done, so no help here. And I agree with Sandy, once you hold her the pain will be gone from your memory.

Loopylou!! said...

oh hun i bet you are so excited you just want her to come now!!! maybe a good curry for tea to start you off!!! hope thursday goes ok hun xxxx

Maggi said...

I say let her come when she comes! lol I got induced (Toot was running a little late) lol Good luck, thinking of you!

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

oh honey- go out for some mexican food, isn't that supposed to get labor going? lol!)
You'll be fine!!! Don't think about the pain, if it was that horrible, no woman would go through it more than once!!!!!
(Though I do strongly recommend drugs!)

You're almost there! HANG IN THERE!! xOxO

laterg8r said...

i always really wanted my babies out at the end too LOL :D

Trish said...

Stripping your membrane to me feels just like an exam when they are checking to see how dialated you are. Its uncomfortable and a little painful, not too much though, but youll start having contractions right away. Most of the time they go right away, hopefully they will start back up and stick around!!

Annalise said...

I bet you are both ready for her to be here!! Hopefully there are no more false alarms. She will be here before you know it!

Hansen Family said...

Hi! With Drew, my second child they strip my membranes.... it wasn't bad at all, the doctor did the stripping in the morning and then throughout the day I had irregular contractions and then in the middle of the early morning between 3-4am I had contractions consistently and headed to the doctor and Drew was born 9am that day. My experience having Drew was much better than with Aidan our first... they broke my water with Aidan... worst experience. Hope that helps... look forward to hearing wonderful news soon of your baby kendall being born...

jacque4u2c said...

Never had to have that done - Katelyn was toooo anxious to be here! She was 3 1/2 weeks early!!!! The nosey little thing!

Nishant said...

I agree with Sandy, once you hold her the pain will be gone from your memory.
work at home in india