Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Day Kendall Was Born!

I am finally feeling a little better so I thought I would write a post about the day our little girl came into this world!
On Wednesday March 24 we went to the doctor for first our ultrasound to see how big our little girl would weigh. As soon as she put the ultrasound on my belly she asked me if I was diabetic. I knew that wasn't a good question and I also knew where she was going with that question. We looked at Kendall to see that everything was going good and that she still looked like a healthy little girl. Then she said now don't panic, but according to this ultrasound which is only an estimate and can be off a pound up or down, Kendall weighs 8 pounds 14 ounces! I almost died thinking I was going to be delivering this baby that could be almost a 9 pound baby! Thinking that sent my blood pressure up just a bit!

So after the ultrasound we went for our check up with our doctor. We got back in her office and she checked her heartbeat and the size of my belly. Then she checked me to see how dilated I was. I was still at about 4-5 cent. and 80% effaced. I was disappointed I thought for sure I would be sent straight from her office to the hospital. Well she kept feeling around almost like she was stripping my membrane again and then I felt a GUSH of water and it just wouldn't stop! It was EVERYWHERE! She said looks like your having a baby! We were then a direct admit to the hospital, which was nice because we didn't have to sit in triage for hours!
We went to labor and delivery and registered and then asked where to go. They wanted to send us to triage but we knew we weren't suppose to go there. They figured it out too and sent us straight back to labor delievery where we got a room and I got hooked up to every type of moniter imagined (At least for me because I have never had any sort of hospital stay nor have I ever even had an IV put in).
Soon they came in to give me my epidural, which wasn't bad at all because I still wasn't feeling labor pains. It made my whole body feel like it was freezing cold though.
We LOVED the nurses that were there with us from 345-700. They were wonderful and we were so sad to see them go. We didn't have as good of an experienc with our night nurse as we did our day time nurses. She didn't seem to want to help us at all and when I was in discomfort she just blew it off. Thank goodness she took me serious when I said I was feeling the contractions. My epidural had fallen out and thankfully it was well before I was ready to deliver. It was so painful and now I can't say that I didn't experience any labor pains ha! Once they got that back in I was fine except the blood pressure cuff was KILLING my arm.
It was so tight. I think the cuff was way too small for me. Actually my arm is still sore from having it on. The night nurse wouldn't let me take it off, but the morning nurses finally pulled it off of me since my pressure had been fine the whole time.

The nurses I had on Wednesday said they really hoped I was gone before they came back but if I wasn't they would see me in the morning! Well we were still there and they had called that morning to see if they could have us back and we were so excited for that. They were such great nurses and I couldn't be any happier that they were the ones that got to help deliver Kendall.

Oh by the way I was 10 cent. at 4 in the morning, but the night nurse just kept telling me that I wasn't ready to push. As soon as the morning nurses got there they said honey you are ready! They got there at 7 and Kendall made her arrival at 7:50 AM! I pushed for about 20 minutes or so and she came right out ready to meet the world. And she only weighed 7lbs 14oz!! And she is beautiful!!
We are so blessed to have such a sweet healthy baby girl in our lives now and just love watching her change everyday. We are very lucky parents! (Our new family of 3!)

and Zoey likes her new baby sister too:)

14 comments:

Maggi said...

Thanks for sharing your birth story with us! So glad you had a safe delivery! She is a doll!

Shannon said...

She is precious! I am so excited that she is finally here. I have been reading your blog since before you were pregnant!

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

oh my goodness, Zoey is meeting his new sister! How cute! Well, it was a tough labor and that's never fun, but it's behind you now! Thank God for a healthy, beautiful baby and healthy mom!! God bless your family! sending lots of love...deb

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Chrissy what a cutie she is.... sorry you had a bad nurse at night.

Brooke said...

Congratulations again! She is beautiful!

Hansen Family said...

i love the story! I am so happy that she is here! She is so beautiful.

~BridgetL~ said...

You look so good after just having her. Congrats again to the both of you. Kendall really is precious. :)

Susan De Crafter said...

What a sweetie. If you haven't already, you need to kiss those cheeks a couple of times.

Christina Thomas said...

She is adorable! Congrats! Girls are so much fun!!

Traci said...

OH MY SWEETNESS! She is adorable!! You look great for just having a baby! Congrats to y'all!

jacque4u2c said...

I was curious as to how Zoey was going to do!!! I am so glad they are bonding!!! I am sure Zoey will be super protective of baby Kendell!!!!!

West Texas Wife said...

She is so beautiful!!! I am so proud of you for giving birth I am almost jealous! I wish I would have so I could say that I had the pain! But Tripp wouldn't fit! Congrats!

Christina said...

Congratulations!! Kendall is such a gorgeous baby!

Rebecca Louise. said...

love your project life pics :)