Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wet, Cold, Snow, Slick Mess...so we WRECKED!

My poor little won't be going anywhere for a few days!

Yes...we were out of school today and we are already out tomorrow and there is only a few inches on the ground, but it is freezing cold and everything is icing up! We had a doctor's appointment today at 210 and got in a little wreck on the way there. We are VERY lucky it was little we slid down a road and ended up in the middle of a busy main road. At the time only one car was coming and he swired to miss us, lost control and the tire on his car. We slammed into the curb, which proabbly saved us big. The only damage was the rims on Chris' truck are messed up from the curb. Chris was going maybe 15 mph. VERY. LUCKY. we are.

Right before the wreck I had just got done saying I can't believe they haven't cleared this road off because it is a road leading to a bus compound in which buses were going to be coming in and out of within that hour (Because they were being let out in Louisville 1 hour early) I don't work in the county I live in. The county I work in is smaller, with narrow roads and LOTS of hills. It doesn't have the manpower to clear the roads like Louisville where I live.

Needless to say we had a very scarey drive to the doctor today, but we are both fine and so is Kendall. The doctor checked to make sure she was doing alright. My blood pressure is a little high, but I wondered if that wasn't because of the experience we had before we got to the doctor's appointment.

I'm sure those of you from the North just laugh at us when our city closes down with only a few inches on the ground! I have to admit though I don't drive in the snow either and Chris definitely won't want me to now!

I will leave you with these pictures of my couch right now! Everyone is passed out but me haha!!
I promise Ed is laying there look really close! He is snuggling with Zoey's gloworm!No surprise this little girl would be passed out!

8 comments:

~BridgetL~ said...

Im so glad you guys were not hurt. You are very lucky. Stay off the rodes for a couple days and just hibernate and scrap.

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

omg Christy, thank God you guys are okay. Yea, stay off the roads PLEASE! Even my kids had no school today in TX! It's crazy weather. Go put your legs up, curl up with your pets and hubby there and relax. Don't make me worry about you now girlie!!!!!!!!! xOxO

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Chrisy, I am so glad you are ok.. how scary. I with everyone, STAY off the roads.. Love all your pictures...

laterg8r said...

so glad you are ok - funny/cute sleeping pics :D

Leesie said...

Oh wow I'm so happy you're okay, that must have been really scary. Yay for your snow days though, and I love the pics. Oh and you cracked me up that you thought about me and the toaster haha :)

Michelle said...

I am glad everything is OK. I didn't go out yesterday and don't plan to today. I hate driving in snow.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it