Sunday, January 24, 2010

Scrapbooking Your Baby's First Year

I have been thinking about this for quite a while now. How do I want to scrapbook Kendall's first year. For Christmas I made Chris a scrapbook full of premade pages such as this one and this one I also added a page for each month in his book like this one AND this one!
I had a lot of fun making this. I never make premade layouts, but I think this book will be so cute when it is finished and I know how much Chris enjoyed looking at it Christmas morning. There are over 20 double page layouts in the book already and there a few more he wants me to to add to it. He will enjoy it EVEN more when Kendall's pictures are actually in it! I used this book for the album. I love these American Craft albums from Hobby Lobby and when they run them 50% off you can't beat the price! I added the K on the cover instead of a picture because sometimes I feel like the pictures gets messy when they are open like that.
So, I have been really debating on getting this Sweet Baby Kit from Creating Keepsakes. I really like how it is set up and I really have no intentions of doing a traditonal baby book. I know I will probably get one for a shower gift, which is fine, but I really want to do something different. I was wondering if any of you use this kit and if you recommend it for a baby's first year? I am thinking of ordering it at the end of this week so I can go ahead and start organzing it. I don't think you can beat the deal. There is SO much stuff in this kit and it seems to be worth the money for sure! I just about have myself convinced, so what do you think?

8 comments:

Risley said...

How cute!! I love it! It will be so fun to fill! :)

Hansen Family said...

I love you pages and so dedicated to your scrapbooking, I on the other hand don't have that much patience. Kendall will love looking at these when she gets older. Take care and really looking forward to seeing what Kendall looks like. She is going to be so beautiful inside and out.

Christina said...

I love the premade pages you made! I did the same thing before my daughter was born because I figured I wouldn't have the time with a newborn! It will be nice that you can just add the pictures and everything else is done! The baby kit you are looking at ordering sounds good too!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love it Christy..

Julia said...

it's a great idea to get a head start, i'll say that. i kept up with hannah's real good.... until noah was born. you can always add to it.

i've never seen that kit before, but it might help you stay organized and stuff! give it a shot! can't wait to see!

laterg8r said...

i like the idea of doing something non-traditional - never heard of this kit, off to take a peek!

Carol said...

That's a great idea to be ahead. You will be glad that you did that. Cute album....

Coupon Clippin' Mommy said...

I'm almost finished with my Sons first year scrapbook and I love it! I can't wait to work on my daughters.