Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holidays in Hand

Today is the first day of December can you believe it? I sure can't! So, today I start my Holidays in Hand project that I have been working on as well as my Daily December. I am very excited about both of these projects. I thought I would share with you a little bit of what I have been doing with my Holidays in Hand project that was an online class done byJessica Sprague .


I decided to make this project an 8 1/2 by 11 book. I had a book that I had bought that was red so I have been working on recovering it or changing the cover a bit and I will post that when it is complete. I haven't done an 8 1/2*11 book in a LONG time. That was all I use to do when I first started scrapbooking. I felt that this project would be perfect in this size of an album. Of course I am sure everyone is doing theirs differently, which is what makes the project so much fun! Here are my first two pages. I haven't gotten all of them done of course, but my goal is to stay 10 days ahead of myself. I went ahead and journaled with the journaling prompt for the first day. I am going to do that as much as possible ahead as well so that I can be ahead of myself!


I used my cricut to make the tag that you see on this first page. The prompt was to discuss traditions in your family. I talked about Chris and I excahnging stockings every year. I don't know if you can read the journaling, and I am really not sure how to make it so that you can click on my pictures to see them bigger. (If you know will you please share!)

I wasn't sure I would like the way this project was turning out, but just after looking back at my first two days I have already decided that I love it! The prompts are awesome and such a great way to get thoughts out on paper. I definitly won't feel in the make and do part of the prompt card every single day, but some days I will have both filled out. I will at least do one each day!

I will try to share my pages as I go along this month as well as my December Daily album!

1 comment:

Maggi said...

This looks great already!

About the picture size, this is just what I do:

I keep my pics pretty big in size then upload them to Photobucket. Then I copy the photo URL in Photobucket, go to the Edit HTML tab in Blogger and click the "add image" button. Paste my URL there, then click upload. Once it's in my post, I go to the "Compose" tab, click on the pic and you'll see little resize boxes in the corners, drag those to the size that I want and there you go! Pictures that will fit in the post but be clickable to get bigger.

There may be an easier way to do, that's just my way! lol