Wednesday, August 5, 2009

These are a few of My favorite Things: Favorite Flower

I am having so much fun participating in the Challenges over at These are a few of my Favorite Things. This is what I came up with for this week! It was so much fun to do. I wasn't going to use my pictures, but my good friend Lisa reminded me that my house will soon be taken over by baby pictures, which means this one would just get covered up! SO, I thought what the heck! I love how this turned out. I don't ever use that many flowers on a lo, but why not? Especially since the lo is all about flowers. Gerber Daisies have ALWAYS been my favorite flowers! I love all the different colors they come in and I knew that I was definitly going to use them in my wedding. Never any thought to it!
Here is a close up of the picture!
To make my lo. I used some paper from my good friend Maggi. She was so sweet to send them to me! I LOVE them. I got the gerber daisies at Archivers and I used Doodlebug buttons for the middle. I had never used Thickers before, but I LOVE them. I think I will be buying more of these. (And you would think that since I have my cricut I wouldn't need thickers! Whatever!!)

Please let me know what you think!

I have decided that I am going to do my own book of favorite things since I will have all of these los. I hope they do MANY MANY more challenges so that I can have lots of pictures to add to my book:)

11 comments:

Chris said...

What a fun layout - such a great photo from your wedding and so many beautiful daisies (and attendants)! It's so cool that you plan to do an album of your favorite things and oh yes, we have lots of ideas about future challenges. Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

U are IN LUCK!!!! Sooooooooooooo FAR we have challenges planned all the WAY through to NEXT YEAR!!! YAY!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo HAPPY that U played along and EVEN HAPPIER that U are gonna make a book for all your LO's!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the photo and love love love love love all the FLOWERS!!!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo MUCH for playing along! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jeanet said...

I love your layout!That photo is sooo beautiful!Love all the gerbera daisies and the colors are gorgeous.
So awesome you are going to make a book about fave things...I think I will too!
Thank you so much for playing along with us!

laterg8r said...

great idea to do pages about yourself b/c your friend is right - soon your house will be overrun with baby pics! :) love that photo, you look so happy :)

Amber said...

I love your LO! I think it is really great that you were able to use a photo from your wedding pictures!! Plus, you now are going to have a great keepsake for your baby to have about you..

Julia said...

love it!! thickers are addicting... watch out!!

i always say i am going to do a book about me, or a book of favorite things, but i can never keep up. my scrapping time has been so limited lately... it makes me sad. i wish i had IRL friends to scrap with!

Lisa T. Howard said...

Cricut or no cricut, a girl just HAS to have Thickers...LOL! This is a wonderful LO!!! I love your design but the pic is just beautiful!!!! Looks like you were having the time of your life...love your smile! So glad you are playing along and also glad you are making a book. I was going to tell you there are many challenges ahead but Julie beat me to it! Just make sure you album/book has room for LOTS of pages! :) Hope you are having a great day! xoxo L

Hanneke said...

Loooove all the big flowers, and that beautiful pic!!!
Thanks for playing!!

deana said...

Gerbera daisies are definitely a FAV flower of mine... ♥ the red ones! CUTE LO!! ♥ all the flowers & the adorable photo is perfect for it! Thanks so much for playing along with us! :-)

Amy Muffoletto said...

What a fabulous picture. I love the colors and your fave flower ROCKS... Great layout!!!! Thanks for playing.

Georgia Visacri said...

this photograph is absolutely gorgeous, woooooow! Love your entry fopr the challenge, thanks for playing along with us ;)