Monday, August 17, 2009

Mommy to be Monday!

So, I know I have been slacking majorly in my posting area, but I can't help it. I am so worn out and tired by the time I get home from work that I just want to eat and go to sleep! Part of being pregnant lol!

NOT TODAY! I went to the grocery when I left work. Came home unloaded groceries, cooked supper, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, folded laundry, put it away, and started a new load! GO ME:) I am proud of myself, because this time last week there is no way that would have happened!

This week I thought I would share with you something that seems to be helping me! I having been feeling VERY nausea so on Friday night Chris and I decided to go to Rite Aid and pick up the sick bands that everyone has been telling me about. Well, my options were two black rubber bands one for each hand or a sweatband bracelet. I chose the black bands.

They didn't have all these cute colors at my store or I would have gotten one for sure:) These are exactly what they look like though. But, let me tell you they work! I haven't felt near as sick as I did last Wednesday-Friday. And yesterday when I went the pool I took them off and by the end of the day I was ready to get sick so I had to put them back on. They have been such a blessing. I know they don't work for everyone, so if you are/were really sick during pregnancy they probably wouldn't work for you, but they have definitly given me some relief!

All you do is put them about 2 and 1/2 fingers away from the crease in your wrist and snap them on. You can turn the knob on the round part that is on your pressure point to tighten or loosen the pressure. People honestly don't even notice them unless I point them out to them. It is well worth the fashion statement BELIEVE me!!

Hopefully I will be back to my normal bloggy self now that I have gotten a little more into the routine of being back at work:)

7 comments:

Julia said...

very interesting. never seen those before. i wasn't really sick, but sounds like they work well!! so glad you're feeling better!! :)

Maggi said...

Glad you're getting a little energy back! I've never tried one of those bands before and was wondering if they worked or not!

jacque4u2c said...

I wish these were available eight years ago! I stayed sick 24/7.

laterg8r said...

so glad you found something that works for you :D

Lisa T. Howard said...

So glad you found something to give you some relief. I was really quesy the first few months with my son and I threw up almost every day for the entire 9 months with my daughter. I KNOW how awful you feel without the assistance.

I hope all is going well at school. Have the children returned to school yet? Here, the teachers return for a few weeks before the kiddos. I'm curious what your little ones will think of all the cuteness you made for the classroom. Be sure and let us know.

Off to try to catch up on my blog reading. I'm waaaayyyy behind...and I don't have the pregnancy excuse! Ha!

Pink Nothings said...

I used to wear something like that when I wasn't preggo because I got car sick! I found you at sits! and congrats on a baby!

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Hey girlie, I had those. I was nauseated like Lisa, the whole 9 yards. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING helped me.
If the nausea doesn't ease up, ask for Zofran- it's expensive but it's worth it. And hopefully your insurance will cover it. xOxO