Monday, July 6, 2009

Make it Monday: Strawberry Salad

Today is my first official "Make it Monday". Since I always show my crafting side on my blog today I thought I would do something a little different for my first make it Monday! I LOVE food and I am sure many of you do as well so, I thought I would share with you one of my favorite summer salads (Ok let's be honest here, I would eat this salad ANYTIME of the year!)

I promise you ANYONE could make this salad even if you are not a cook. It is the easiest salad to make and it takes no time to put together! And I promise you it is not like eating salad, but more like eating candy:) Also if you don't think you like spinach just give a try because I PROMISE you will change your mind!

OK you need four simple ingredients for Strawberry Salad;
Strawberries (washed and sliced)
chopped almonds (I buy the packaged ones that are already chopped!)
Spinach
Poppy Seed Dressing (Any kind, I always get whats on sale! Just DON'T get low-fat!)

To make;
Poor a bag of spinach leaves into a big salad bowl.

Add the strawberries.
Add the almonds.
Add a bottle of Poppy Seed Dressing.
Mix together and serve!
You can tell from my pictures that I didn't make a whole bag full. I just make enough for me to eat at a time because my husband doesn't like spinach. So, you can make it really however you want. I have also seen it made with mandarin oranges. (Also, if you are doing weight watchers one serving of this salad is 6 points. I know that's a lot, but it is the dressing that is so much. However, you can add as much spinach to it as you want!)
One suggestion I do have, if you are going to take it to a party don't put the dressing on until you get there because it does get a little soggy if you let it sit too long. I like letting it sit because the spinach soaks up the dressing. But, some people don't like soggy salad.

Told you so EASY! No one will ever believe how fast it took you to make this salad. I love new recipes and I hope you will give Strawberry Salad a try! It is delicious:) My good friend Rhonda at work taught me how to make it. She brings it to work all the time (by request!)

IF you do try it let me know what you think!
What are your favorite summer recipes?

7 comments:

Donna Childree Gotlib said...

Such a nice salad. We eat a lot of spinach salad at our house and I love any salad that has almonds. Have you ever tried putting fresh raw corn on spinach with chicken breast and some grilled veggies and maybe a little fig and ginger dressing?

Okay, I'm hungry now. I need strawberries!

Maggi said...

That looks so good, I'll have to try and make it!

OMG, did you see Bachelorette?! What a tool! lol

Julia said...

yum!!! we actually grew some lettuce in the backyard this year, so maybe i'll use that!!

Julia said...

fruit salads are my fave. take any fruit you like and mix yogurt in it... yum!!

beccad said...

That salad looks yummy I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I look forward to reading yours. I love your wedding pictures.

Jennifer said...

Mmmm! Delicious! And so easy!... but who can I get to slice the strawberries? LOL!

Alicia W. said...

YUM! That looks so delicious. I love finding new recipes to try out in the kitchen. :o) Cute blog. :)