Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I CAN take on motherhood! After all it can't be any worse than having my DOG:)

OK OK I know everyone is going to correct me on this post but I just have to do it anyways. My DOG is like a baby/kid. She wakes me up in the middle of the night when she is sick. She doesn't leave my side. She cries when she wants something. She pouts when she doesn't get her way. She takes things without asking for them. She loves to snuggle with me. She wants to eat every hour. She pukes on a daily basis. I take pictures of her every move. I carry her around like a baby. She sleeps in my bed. She has Chris wrapped around her finger. She gets what she wants when she wants it.

I LOVE Zoey dearly, but sometimes I think raising a kid can't be any harder then raising a dog. LOL I know prove me wrong NOW.
I called my mom to tell her this and she said, "You know, your sorta right on that one!" (She knows the "real" Zoey that others don't see!)

This morning Zoey had me up at 530 in the morning crying. She has an ear infection. So, what do I do? I clean her ear as best as I can til I can get some ear solution, give her bendryl, and put her in bed with me. She falls back asleep until we wake up this morning. I wake up in the morning and guess what is next to me? The BENDRYL that I KNOW I FORCED down her throat! So, I give it another try. This time SUCCESS:) I go to my mother-in-laws (like us she also runs her own zoo) and get some ear solution. MAN does Zoey have an ear infection. Poor thing I could have used a box of Qtips to get all the gunk out of her ear. I hope she gets to feeling better soon. Oh wait she is eating leftover PIZZA and I think she is ALRIGHT:) (Yes, my dog eats human food for breakfast on the weekends she has pancakes, syrup included!)

I LOVE Zoey but goodness gracious didn't know dogs could be so humanlike:)

3 comments:

Maggi said...

LOL I hope she's feeling better, poor thing! And you're right, pets are sorta like babies! (dogs are anyway! lol)

Lisa T. Howard said...

LOL! I can't relate...to the pet part. My little Princess is not very demanding. And I've raised kids (now 19 and 21) and it is rather complicated....ummmmm, much like you describe raising Zoey! LOL! Hope that ear infection clears up soon! :)

Mira is triplet crown said...

well, pets are like kids but girl....you can't imagine the differences until you actually live it. Your dog will still seem easy in comparison. It is just a whole 'nother planet! I'm not saying you have no idea because that's annoying, I'm saying no one ever has a clue what it will be like because it's indescribable. I'm sure you'll make a great mom if you can take such great care of your dog. However, how will your dog feel about the kid taking over her spot in bed?