Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This is Why I Go to Work EVERYDAY!!

I get the cutest notes from students EVERYDAY. However, I can't keep all of them because I would just have binders and binders full of them. Therefore, I just keep a few of them a year so that I am not overloaded with them. Well on Monday I got one that I am sure will be kept for a LONG time! It is the cutest thing ever. I love to watch the notes from my kindergarteners evolve from a bunch of letters and made up spellings to actual words. This is a note that was left on my desk Monday morning. I didn't pick it up and read it until later that day. However, I about lost it when I read this one. I PROMISE you this was written by a six year old kindergarten in my class. I will not say if it is a boy or girl but this child is an excellant writer and speller. Here is the note: I made it as large as I could, but it reads and is written as follows, Dear Mrs Wallace, I didn't Feel good yesterday I had Diarrihh

Told you the child was an excellant speller! The other kindergarten teachers say she can probably spell that word better than some adults. It is a HARD word to spell. My husband didn't belive this was really from a child, but I promise it is!

Not only are my students excellent spellers, but they say the darnest things! I could fill up this Quotable Kid book that Jessica Turner is giving away in one school year!

5 comments:

Katamommy said...

lol That is awesome! Definitely a keeper!

West Texas Wife said...

I would say that one needs to be laminated and put in the closet to look at when you have bad day.... That would sure make me laugh on those day when we all wonder why we became teachers! Have a great weekend! I am going to put up all the baby clothes I got. :)

Julia said...

that is tooooo funny! how sweet that the kid wanted to explain to you why they missed!!

Controlling My Chaos said...

That is so, so cute. You really should compile a book of notes from your students. This one could be the cover art. :)

Future Mama said...

Hahahaha!! That is hilarious and a great post! thanks so much for sharing!!

I have no idea what I'd do if I got a note like that from a cute 6 year old, oh man!

Yes, save that one a long long time!