Sunday, May 24, 2009

A New Technique!

I always like to try new things in my scrapbooking. I might not always be good at them, but at least I try them once. Well tonight I decided I would try using paint in one of my los. It didn't turn out too bad, but it isn't the best either! I of course did a lo of none other than Zoey! Yes, Yes I know your surprised! The pictures are of Zoey sniffing Chris' pillow. Anyways I used pink and teal paint and just painted on my lo page. Then I used a white to spell out the title "Daddy's Pillow." I also used the teal to paint some white flowers, because I didn't have any flowers that color! Here are a few pictures of it. What do you think?

I also wanted to put a lo from my honeymoon album that I am working on. I have a lot more to do on it. I have only gotten about 8 or 9 los done. Remember I am making this an 8X8 album? Well I am doing a lot of things different in this book then I normally do in my albums. First, not every page is a two page lo. I KNOW SCAREY for me. I ALWAYS do 2 page los. However, I wanted my album to be the story of our honeymoon. So, each page, except of course the one I am putting on tonight, has a LOT of journaling on it. Some pages are plainer than others, but I am alright with that because I just wanted to get a lot of writing down on each page so we wouldn't forget all the fun that we had on our honeymoon.
OK so that is a totally different post, but I wanted to get some opinions. PLEASE give me your opinions! So, B-A-B-Y is on our minds!! We have been talking about starting the adventure of becoming parents! I don't know that we will start now, but it's in our minds. I have been thinking about posting this, but didn't know if I wanted to discuss it just yet. But, what the heck might as well huh!? I was wondering if any of you started your scrapbooking albums for your babies before you even knew you were pregnant? I wanted to start mine, but I wanted to start it out with pics of Chris and I. I guess really this wouldn't be my babies album, but more or less the "road to becoming parents" album. What do you think? I need ideas for this album, because I don't want just two or three pages in it. Here are some of my ideas, Chris baby page, me baby page, pages about our lives, pages about our likes and dislikes, etc. Just something neat for our kids to look at when they get older! Tell me what you think and I am sure there will be more "discussions" of babies in upcoming posts ;0)

8 comments:

MommaD said...

love ur layout, i think the painting came out great. unique, something nobody else has! by the way, they don't all come at once (hopefully) and you work up to four--it's just my life and i try to get through every day! thanks for the comment love, following u now!

Maggi said...

I love that painting technique! And I loved doing our Honeymoon album, it's still my favorite one! lol

I think starting a baby type album is a great idea! You could definitely start with some pages about you and Chris, kinda set a foundation so to speak. The likes/dislikes/etc is a great idea! Then once you start trying/get pregnant you can save your dr. appt reminder cards (I did that! lol) Brochures from the dr's office or hospital you use, pictures of the pregnancy test, getting the nursery ready, etc. You'll find plenty of things to make layouts about! lol

Sharon said...

I think the pre-baby album is a great idea! You could also cut out pictures of your dream crib/nursery, list of possible names, etc!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And don't even get me started on why my daughter has school tomorrow! If it weren't for us moving in a couple of weeks I would run for President of the PTA! lol

Melissa said...

Loved reading your interview at Maggi's blog. So much fun! Great creative work!!!

Veronica Lee said...

Thanks for the follow!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Good luck with the trying...when the time comes. It will change your life forever. We adopted our 3rd and I started her keepsake album before we found out who she was but after we turned in all our paperwork and were officially expecting a referral!

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Hey girl! I saw your interview on Maggi's blog!I love the paint on your LO!(I want to dognap Zoey btw!) I like your idea of scrapbooking the road to becoming parents. It's very unique and when your kids are older they'll love seeing that!!!! xOxO deb

Julia said...

love the painting!!

starting a baby album now is a great idea. i didn't do that, but you could start with your feelings, emotions, etc. you could still make blank baby pages like "the day we found out" and leave spaces for pics of your positive test. IDK, just some thoughts.