Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cute Kiddie Can

Well I made this Kiddie Can for a swap on the cricut message board and just had to share with you all. I had so much fun making the can! I thought it turned out cute and I really hope that she is able to use it!

So, here is what I did! I covered the paint can with blue and white. Then I used the Dreams Come True Cricut Cart. to make Little Mermaid Cutouts! I glued some of them onto the can for a scene.
On one side I made the ocean scene and on the other side I put the castle!
Then I made cut outs of the characters from Little Mermaid. I put these on magnets for the children to use on the scenes of the paint can! It reminds me a lot of paperdolls, which is something I LOVED to play with when I was little. This is why I think I had so much fun making this can, because I know that I would have loved to play with something like this.
I also made cutouts of shells, starfish, horsefish, and other ocean items. I glued a lot of these onto the cans, but left a few of them off in the can for the kids to play with however they would like!
I even had a little fun last night playing with the cans. I put the magnets on both scenes to see what they would look like! Here is the ocean side!
And here is the castle side!!
I just think this can turned out really good and I am so proud of it! I sure hope that my partner likes it as much as I do! Lastly I filled the can with some more crafty goodies for the kids and sent off to be played with!
I can't wait to hear what they think about it!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I love that can you made. My girls would love to make something like that to put "stuff" in! Cute idea.

Katamommy said...

That is awesome! It turned out so cute!!!

Jackie said...

awe that can is so cute, I love it :)

Together We Save said...

What a great idea. So fun.

ScrappinAway said...

Wow! I would have love to do that swap. Did you decoupage the background and if so how did it turn out (I always have a problem with it bubbling).

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

loopylou said...

omg!!! you have been busy!! love the ariel one. there is a pressie on my blog for you xxxxx